Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Going to Ireland

We just got back.

If you are going to ride a motorcycle, then the west and southwest on the Wild Atlantic Way would be great. Ireland has developed these routes as a way to draw tourists, but in...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Muineira de Pontesampaio

Fine playing of a fine wee tune, Katy. Your trills add great atmosphere to the tune.
  3. Re: Pick direction ...does it really matter that much?

Yes it does matter.
    khFdGSuz8N4
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Blocks and no progress

I asked Victor Wooten, "We all have musical seasons, how does one push through a winter season when your not progressing like you should?" and Victor said matter of factly..."You dont, Anything you...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for Vivaldi Tab

Thank you for the instructions Bratsche.

I tabbed this out so that a mandolin orchestra could play it as an ensemble piece.

Enjoy.
  6. Replies
    Views

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

A piece written by Solomon Linda in the 40s based on a popular melody of the Africans Zulu and then became famous all over the world with the version in the 60s by "The Tokens", in my arrangement for...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: practicing in private

Interesting how animals react to music. I used to work at a zoo tending to great apes - chimps, orangs and gorillas. During cold winter months when we were inside, I used to sit by the gorilla cage...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: practicing in private

http://eyedealpostcards.com/images/FigHorseBandwMandolinK662E.jpg
  9. Thread: Mândelyn

by harper
    Replies
    Views

Re: Mândelyn

Here are a couple of Welsh tunes I arranged for my band. We play them on fiddle, flute, accordion, clarinet, and guitar, but they work on mandolins.

“Rhuddlan Marsh (Morvan Rhuddlan)” was...
  10. Thread: proper tempo

by Don Julin
    Replies
    Views

Re: proper tempo

Proper tempos for jigs and reels can vary depending on the situation. If dancers are involved the tempos need to be fast enough to make the dance steps work. Remember that gravity is not adjustable...