Search:

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Hallelujah

Great stuff, and real fine voiced A-4! That one doesn't have the tubby tone at least from what I can tell through my junk laptop.
  2. Re: "Gibson" (not "The Gibson") script tailpiece cover

Maybe off an A-9 or F-9?
  3. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

Right on Eric, every Loar or Fern has something! And yep the Kimmel Fern I liked a lot. New owner is very pleased with it.
  4. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

Usually the ones that ain't for sale!:))
  5. Re: Vintage gold Gibson tailpiece cover?

Looks like your cover is original by the wear and overall look, If original yes indeed rare, some have been re-plated so "don't polish it as it rub off the soft gold" Gibson F-5's got these gold...
  6. Re: 1913 Blackface F2 on Cooperstown, NY Craigslist

Not this guy Sue, a for sure deal if all is straight and sound with this ole' Gal.
  7. Re: 1938 Gibson Mandola, anyone seen another quite like this

Now that's an interesting one, definite depression Gibson going on there as that body is say a Gibson budget brand, but the Gibson stenciled in the peg head is very odd! I've seen a few Gibson's from...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Obessed with the tenor banjo

YES they are a good bit of fun-annoying but fun! I have mine set up with the irish string tuning "same tuning as a mandolin", just different from the standard TB- dola type tuning.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Overspray (not mandolin specific)

Use a black light, it will show all discrepancies "hidden issues" when in doubt with ones own eyes. Yes nitro-lacquer is most used and back in the mid 20's onward, Gibson would refurbish older...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Gold Watch and Chain

Great old time vibe, nailed it! What are the instruments used?
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: What kind of hat do I need?

NICE-Is that for stabbing the banjer player?
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: How to sell an Antique Mandolin?

This is my take as I've owned many and had my paws on many, the OP's was more than likely constructed during the "Loar" period but shipped a few years later as there was a load of Loars that went out...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD 2023 Gibson F-5G

NICE ONE! My first really good mando was an F5-G about 20 some years ago and from there pure MADNESS:cool: God Bless
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: 1950s F-12 & Case- Low Start Price

Score for 1300! I'd rework it for that price and have a serious hoss:cool:
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: John Paganoni Contact

Check your inbox for email.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Remove gunk from 1924 Gibson neck

In Loar days didn't they use gasoline "very highly NOT recommended"! :grin:
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Information on Paganoni No. 8

Yes, I know that Pag and who had it once anyways. look at Players Vintage Instruments webpage and look in the museum page as that Pag. #8 is there. Lowell "Banana" Levinger is a great guy who could...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: 1921 Bacon pickguards

Dang Jim G. Thats a gorgeous Bacon ya have there, sweet dark burst indeed!
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Tiny adult wants to learn bluegrass!

You can play a regular sized mando for sure-just hunt one with a super skinny neck, they are out there, it'll just take the hunting and that can be a very fun part of this. Best O' luck.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Early 1900s Gibson A

Thats a really nice A model from 1905-06 based on serial #, I didn't look into the FON#! I believe just a plain A due to no Gold silk screened "The Gibson" in the peg head. Also you may have a...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Sad news

I remember back around 2003-04 at the Station Inn and we was watching, intently listening and hearing Jesse on stage with Mac Wiseman and my Uncle Gene Johnson turned to me after a killer "Jesse...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Mangled Gibson!

Is that actually a Gibson banjolin neck added to that A body? Sure looks like it.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Really cool, but really sad

I'd sure love to see the odd-fancy octo! Pix please.:grin:
  24. Re: 1923 gibson f-5 master model mandolin brochure lloyd loar

Yeah thats nice but for that price one could maybe find an old Gibson A model:grin:
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Duff A4.5 Mandolin

STUNNING INDEED! I want one, sure I don't need one but yeah, buddy that's some serious eye candy with that wood and finish! I think on mine I'd have to have the longer 5 scale neck, elevated board,...
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4