Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins too twangy

“While carving”, I believe while carving they would be able to use calipers/micrometers as you would have access with just the plate itself. Rick Lindstrom could have used ultrasound to guage his...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I bother?..

Turned 70 the 21st of December. Restoring our son’s ‘54 Chevy (He passed away 1/15/22 of a massive heart attack) so a custom build is not in the crosshairs at this time. But I still look and...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Gold Tone Mandocello - Breaking strings

Local music store that ordered my Mandocello replaced them for me when they started breaking. Replaced them with chrome metal buttons that looks great on it. Have had no problems with strings...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Do you name your instruments?

Usually just call them by who made them since I don’t have duplicates in Mandos. Martin guitars are distinguished by “My Martin”, “The Little Martin” and “Leroy’s Martin”.(my wife inherited it from...
  5. Re: Bandolin by luthier Barros - what do you know?0

No idea on the builder. But I like the sound of it too. Hopefully someone from Brazil or surrounding areas can give you a report on the builder.

I do have a question. What’s the major identifier...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Faraway Grandchild

Love the tune Dagger. I cannot fathom what you all are going through that can’t hug or see your grandchild/children. See my 4 Grandblessings almost every day. Our daughter works in a hospital,...
  7. Re: Does anyone else get "steps" from playing?

Was in one of the Fitbit weekend challenges. Put it on my strumming hand. 3 services at Church with a before service practice. ;) Won the challenge that week:)
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: "Pointed" Question From A Beginner

Mando I play in our church band is a Godin A-8. No points on it. A well rounded instrument... :whistling:
    Practice at home with my Weber F-style. And take my nylon stringed Boat Paddle M-style on...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: "Pointed" Question From A Beginner

:)) Not necessarily. Not sure what the reasons for the points were in the original design of an "F" style mando. (whoever knows can jump in at any time) But they do function to help keep the neck at...
  10. Re: mando in $300 price range for Italian songs

Find an old bowl back or flat back Mandolin. A great visual to go with the music. And most of them sell below the $300 range. My father-in-law’s Mayflower bowl back (or “tater bud” ) Mandolin would...
  11. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vFfSxIrs4jU
    Short explanation by Sierra, her reason for an electric
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Thanks To Lowe Vintage

Pics.... or it didn’t happen. :)
  13. Re: Lengthy article on bluegrass in the Guardian (UK)

Sadly we do. Police, Firefighters, EMTs, City, County, State maintenance crews and insurance premiums
  14. Thread: Argh...

by Rodney Riley
    Replies
    Views

Re: Argh...

https://jchesteramplification.com/ Jordan would love to have this discussion. NFI Just know he’s very “in tune” to what a person is seeking in their amps.
  15. Re: Seeking Advice: Seller Misrepresented Condition.

Go for the sound. :popcorn:
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap pin yes or no in a A-5

Right now it’s your mandolin, and you’re playing it. Make it work for you. If that’s a setup that’s higher above the frets than anyone else’s or a strap button, go for it. Now, if you’re talking the...
  17. Re: Keeping instruments for sentimental reasons

Had a fellow that lived in a neighboring community who had an old Martin guitar. He was offered over $15,000.00 for it in the ‘90s. Didn’t want to sell it because he wanted to hand it down. Got to...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Luthier in greater Chicagoland

Check out Stephen Perry. He’s in the Chi Town area now.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: My New Girouard Oval !

Beautiful!!! Thanks
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Marga's Moment

https://www.amazon.com/These-Difficult-Times-Funny-Music/dp/B06XZ84VQ2
    Some are harder :))
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: My New Girouard Oval !

Love to see the pics. Can you do a video or recording so we can hear it?
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Is this even a mandola?

Susan, (noticed she signed the opening post as “Susan”) did you purchase it? If there are no bad structural defects, you could do like others and flip it for a profit at that price. Or as others have...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Will this cedar work for tops?

One of my nephews milled some poles like them. Made a very large, beautiful, trestle table out of them.
  24. Re: The things one can find digging thru stuff....

Kool!!!! Hopefully toomario I can get a pic of my Boat Paddle Mandolin my wife bought for me from your store. This is it’s 3rd trip to Florida with us on vacation. We are on the gulf side on St....
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: A list for first time builders

This list covers everything I do in everyday life anymore!!! :))
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4