Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Final Week to Register for 2021 CMSA Convention in the Clouds 2.0

Registration is still open for the 2021 CMSA Convention in the Clouds 2.0 — November 12-14, 2021 — hosted online by the Classical Mandolin Society of America.

CMSA is excited to present guest...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave Mandolin (GDAE) vs Mandola (CGDA)

A few years ago I bought a koa ukulele in Hawaii. The owner of the company bought a major koa source - I don't know if it was pre-harvested wood or a live forest - and cranked out a new line of...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave Mandolin (GDAE) vs Mandola (CGDA)

This discussion has really been helpful. Since I was open to either option, I went with the first temptation that crossed my path. I'm waiting for it to arrive so can't comment on that decision yet....
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Android Tablet >10" for Sheet Music

I should have checked MobileSheet's site first. Thanks. I'll share anything I find of interest.
  5. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Mandophile, I so appreciate this group sharing their knowledge of this instrument and genre. It makes the whole experience more enriching. BTW, I couldn't find a recording of "Stella" to guide me...
  6. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Thank you so much! Your comments are encouraging. First though, I suspect from your PS comment that my soundcloud profile pic may be, er… a bit misleading. That was taken a long, long time ago,...
  7. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

I haven't been online here for a while but wanted to share a couple of mazurkas I attempted from the drop box. They're rough, but you have to start somewhere, right?

Also, I hadn't fully...
  8. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

[QUOTE=Mandophile;1649493]The Index just got a good scrubbing. Please download the latest PDF of the Mandolin Trios as attached here.

Sheri,
    Thank you soooo much for sharing these works. I hope...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mazurkas Anyone?

Thank you David. It looks like I hit the jackpot! The volume of material is huge; so to not be overwhelmed, I'll have to figure out where to wade in.
  10. Replies
    Views

Italian Mazurkas Anyone?

Hi, newbie here.

I just inherited a Gibson A40 that belonged to my uncle. It's been somewhat neglected for many years so it's in the shop getting new tuners and strings. I've been asked to...