Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Now for something completely different...by Michael Stevens

New O rings...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Horseshoe Magnet Magic

Yes! It is the Doc Kauffman "Vibrola"patented in 1932...while Doc was working with Rickenbacher Electro. (Later Doc joined forces with Leo Fender to form K&F a precursor to Fender. I haven't...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Horseshoe Magnet Magic

Correct (no surprise��) 1930s Rickenbacher Electro, in extremely clean condition (I think the neck binding might have been replaced). Action and playability (with the bid pickup) is surprisingly...
  4. Replies
    Views

Horseshoe Magnet Magic

The mandolin plays great; pickup is well rounded, strong and dead quiet. Surprisingly wonderful. Going to dig in. Life in France is good.

5. Re: Now for something completely different...by Michael Stevens

I’ve had it for 10 days now. Just gets better and better. I’ll try to create a sound clip, although I’m not really set up for it and generally don’t like cell phone “fidelity.” I can say it sounds...
  6. Now for something completely different...by Michael Stevens

My dream has come true...and then some. Such an inspiring, fantastic instrument.

http://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=515990890324366&set=pcb.516004926989629
  7. Replies
    Views

Levin Aristocrat 2-Point, circa 1945

I just received this yesterday, after purchasing it at auction in June. Restrung it with D'Addario XS strings. Since there isn't too much information about these I thought I'd post a couple of...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Not a Mandolin...But WHAT IS IT?

My friends in another thread have concluded it is a Portuguese machete...tuned d'-g-b-d". Precursor to the ukelele but steel strings. Looking for another example...but it seems possible...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Not a Mandolin...But WHAT IS IT?

Agreed Allen. Not a uke (loop end steel strings). It IS a mystery and many of my "expert" musico friends haven't figured it out yet. But we're having fun. Check out the book matching on the back....
  10. Thread: 1931 Gibson C-1

by clem
    Replies
    Views

1931 Gibson C-1

Just received my "new to me" Gibson C-1. As you can see, it has been played A LOT...the painted on pick guard has been almost completely "picked off." But it plays and sounds great. A...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Remembering John Zeidler

Wow...it is a small and wired world!. The Ax was featured in FJ #19 (with great photos by Scott King in Austin). I took to CA for my NAMM visit (it travels quite well :-)) and just after this...