Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Is anyone else scared of Bill Monroe?

I met Bill Monroe in March of 1993, at the KY Opry in Draffenville, KY. He played a great show, even with an injury to his right hand from slipping on ice on his Cabin porch. My Dad took our picture...
  2. Re: recommendations for luthier to revoice a mid 60s Gibson F5 ma

Johnathan McClanahan
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mid tier Mando that will hold its value

I've noticed that Collins mandolins do retain their values, more than some well known makers. IMHO they are a good investment.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Best strings for vintage Gibson

My Gibson A is pretty loud if I want it to be. It was bought out of an antique store on Cape Cod, and it came with the original hard cloth case. The mandolin might have been stored for decades,...
  5. Re: Sam Bush and David Grisman named to the Bluegrass Hall of Fam

Congratulations Sam & David!!!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Stonewall Jackson

A Country Music Icon, RIP Stonewall.
  7. Re: Gibson Master Model vs Custom Master Model - advice please

I would like to give you my opinion on purchasing this beautiful Gibson Master Model F5. If you have the resources to acquire it, and feel like it is the "one" you would be happy to have forever,...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Nanci Griffith

RIP Nancy Griffith, she was one of the best Artists of our time.
  9. Re: Modern case options for teens Gibson A models

The TKL 8851
  10. My apologies. Great article.

My apologies. Great article.
  11. Thread: Nmd

by Gene Summers
    Replies
    Views

Re: Nmd

Awesome Sheila :mandosmiley: Enjoy your new Collings, they are great mandolins!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: someone's gotta say it

Happy New Year to everyone on the Cafe! Here’s to a Healthy and Prosperous New Year! May your mandolins ring out as sweet as ever! Cheers!
  13. Re: Modern case options for teens Gibson A models

I bought a TKL 8851 for my 1916 Gibson A. The fit is perfect as those chiming in above are saying. Good luck and enjoy your new/old Gibson. ...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Dennis Vance receives double transplant

Wonderful news to hear! As a liver and kidney recipient my self, I can say that Dennis has a road to recovery to travel. His first six months are the most critical. Our thoughts and prayers are with...
  15. Re: Happy Birthday Dennis Vance, hoping for a transplant

Happy Birthday Dennis, from a Liver/Kidney Transplant recipient, 9 years out this month. Oh, and I’m enjoying my Weber Yellowstone HT A I bought from you! Wishing you all the best for a successful...
  16. Replies
    Views

Gibson catalogs

Found this site that has some cool older Gibson Mandolin-Guitar Catalogs from the Teens. My 1916 Gibson A was $25, and the Canvas case was $1.75 That's $588 in todays money. Enjoy!
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday Norman Blake

I bought several of Norman Blake's albums back in the early 1980's. "Full Moon on the Farm" was one of them. This is one of my favorite albums. Norman is a National Treasure. His rhythm and playing...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Quite ill with a trach and a feeding tube

Wishing you a speedy recovery Dan! That mandolin will be there when you are better :-) Prayers!
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: To Gibson or not?

I've NEVER regretted buying any Gibson I have owned. They will hold their value better than most, as long as they are in good condition. This one looks like it has new frets. That adds value to it,...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Sold my Collings and got a Pava

I’ve owned an Eastman 305, 315 and 515, and all the necks were similar to the Pava A5. I have smaller hands too.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A 1916 mandolin case search

Charles E.. This is the first three piece back Gibson A that I have seen. It would be interesting to see how many more are in the Mandolin archive. Time to do some research :-) I feel very lucky to...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy 100th Birthday 1920 Martin Style A

That's a beautiful old Martin, It looks like it has been well taken care of. :cool: Here's to another 100 years of music making. Enjoy the history and vibe!
  23. Replies
    Views

This is an excellent website of the history of the old case makers. http://www.stevekirtley.org/bullshead.htm
  24. Replies
    Views

That's a nice looking case Vernon ;-) 1922 was a very good year! My Dad was born in that year! Thanks for the link, enjoy your A-2 :-)
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy fourth of July!

Happy Independence Day everyone!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3