Here's 4 tunes that I'm working on

Devil in the Haystack
    A Bunch of Chickens
    Bear Pen Hollow
    and Chinquapin Hunting
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: What's your new fiddle tune?

[QUOTE=JL277z;1651120]My try at transcribing that tune, based on listening to it at half-speed. No guarantees of accuracy! :redface: The notes with big question-marks over them, are notes that I...
  3. Replies
    Views

Norman Blake Tunes

I bet there's not many acoustic pickers here that don't like to pick some Norman Blake tunes from time to time. Please feel free to post some of you picking your favorite Blake tunes. Vids or music...
  4. Replies
    Views

A little mix of me playing my new Gibson J45 Standard and my o6 goldrush
    "Possum Up a Gum Stump"
  5. Replies
    Views

I have been really working on this tune because I like it so much. It's a typical twisted OT tune. First heard it from my OT fiddler friends Bill & Dougie and then later found out they learned it...
  6. Replies
    Views

3 I've been playing around with
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Buying a Gibson Loar

Been a while since I've checked this thread. The update is I've backed off of the Loar purchase idea just for now anyways. However I did pick up a little #71364 1922 F2 and enjoying it for now.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Walk Along John to Kansas lyrics ?

I think I found the mandolin tab to that version of Walk Along John to Kansas
  9. Replies
    Views

Well I came across this tune accidently but it really grabbed me so I learned to play it from this tab. The more you play it the more it get's into your blood. At least it did to me. Here is my...
  10. Replies
    Views

Here's a cool OT fiddle tune I was playing around with yesterday. Sara Armstrong's Tune

https://soundcloud.com/mike-parks-7/sara-armstrongs-tune
  11. Replies
    Views

[QUOTE=Jim Nollman;
    Rocky Pallet is a beautiful tune and I recommend it highly to anyone ready for a fingering challenge. The B part has taken some extra listening because it fluctuates into 3...
  12. Replies
    Views

"Clyde Kurst's Tune" ... Cool old-time fiddle (C) tune. Working on it today. Not quite up to the speed I want to play it at this time but I thought I'd give it a shot.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Buying a Gibson Loar

I really liked this one at Gruhn's... Just not sure yet if I want to make this big leap $$$ yet. Leaning toward chickening out for now with the thought in the back of my mind big time. I know it's an...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: How to play old time mandolin

When I play old-time ... when I'm not playing the melody I use a sort of banjo uke kind of chunkatty chunkatty chucka rhythm while throwing in maybe some double stops and utilizing open chords a lot...
  15. Replies
    Views

Here is another old-time fiddle tune I've been working. Indian Ate a Woodchuck (Ed Haley version) played on my '22 F2. Hope I'm not boring everyone with all my tune posts... Just having fun learning...
  16. Replies
    Views

Lloyd Loar Pics

Since just the name Lloyd Loar is pretty special to us all here I thought that it might be interesting to post and see others post pics of our famous Lloyd Loar. Feel free to post some and or...
  17. Replies
    Views

Here is a try at "Money Musk" an old-time fiddle tune
  18. Replies
    Views

Been practicing this version of "New Five Cents" It's probably not the version one would normally think of for that tune. Learned it from a Mike Black recording of him playing it. There's a cool 1959...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Wedding Ring weighing you down?

Will be married to my wonderful wife Yuko for 30 years this Sept. I lost my wedding ring within the first 2 or 3 years water skiing and she lost hers I think down the drain several years later. I'm...
  20. Re: How Many Of You Play Music Every Day????????????

I try to play everyday but between hiking, kayaking, woodcarving, bycycling and work it reallty doesn't happen everyday like I would hope
    :(
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: When I'm Sixty Four

:) couldn't help it :) I'll be there next year
    https://soundcloud.com/mike-parks-7/when-im-64
  22. Replies
    Views

Here is a Bill Monroe tune I'm working on " Methodist Preacher" played on my A4

https://soundcloud.com/mike-parks-7/methodist-preacher
  23. Replies
    Views

Here's a couple I've been working on a little ... played on my A4 again

https://soundcloud.com/mike-parks-7/opry-reel

https://soundcloud.com/mike-parks-7/cuckoos-nest-and-over-the-waterfall
  24. Replies
    Views

Thanks Pick&Grin! I was using my Goldrush on that one. Still on a Norman Blake tune picking spree :) Here is one more on my A4... Nancy's Hornpipe ... Norman Blake tunes are so cool!...
  25. Replies
    Views

My 63rd time around the sun today :) Life is good .... Practicing on Norman Blake tunes tonight to finish off a great day.
    Here's "Valley Head"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3