Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: The waiting begins: order in for Clark Octave

So the Octave came in last Friday. Just lovely! Had a bass gig that night, so couldn't really play it until after the gig. My coworkers did get to hear a little wafting music through our area though...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Lost (and need) a Hiscox case key

Thanks all for the comments, and to @Pittsburgh Bill for the very kind offer (I've PM'd you with my info, thank you!).

I've heard good things about Hiscox support, and have been surprised that my...
  3. Replies
    Views

Got the first pics of the new OM. Keeping things pretty classic. No cutaway, amber/tobacco sunburst. Oh my...

http://www.drooartz.com/public/octave_back.jpg
  4. Replies
    Views

Congrats on the new order!

My original estimate was roughly a year as well. Looks like I got a bit lucky and it's moving along quicker. That said, it'll take the time it takes and I know that I'm...
  5. Replies
    Views

The waiting begins: order in for Clark Octave

I don't post here much, but I have read through many of the threads here in CBOM over the last few years as I've been learning about and stoking my interest in octave mandos. I had one brief fling...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Show your Mando "Gig Rig"!

I've used a variety of things over the last 20 years, but have pretty well settled down to my current setup. I'm usually tripling on my gigs now (mando, guitar, bass) and I wanted something simple...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Updating an older Gibson

I just had this done on my '23 Snakehead. New frets, radiused the original fretboard and bridge, added a strap button to the heel. Also swapped in a K&K pickup for the Fishman bridge pickup that's...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap button for a gibson A

After almost 20 years playing my '23 Snakehead, I finally had a strap button put on it on the side of the heel. Prior to this I used a strap that wrapped around the headstock just behind the nut.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Phoenix mandolins closing shop?

That would be a real shame. I love my Phoenix Bluegrass (built by Jenny Warner).
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: A new Phoenix in the land of the Snakeheads

Short clip of the new mando in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c7ZXEaDgFU

And after I wrote the last post I pulled all my instruments out of their cases for a minute. Counted 4...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: A new Phoenix in the land of the Snakeheads

Thanks folks. The more I play the new Phoenix the happier I am with it. It is just what I was looking for. Can't wait to get a pickup installed so I can get it out to my gigs.

Hoping to get a...
  12. Replies
    Views

A new Phoenix in the land of the Snakeheads

My new (to me) 2017 Phoenix Bluegrass arrived today! I've been searching for the last month or so for something to compliment my trusty '23 Snakehead. Wanted something more on the Bluegrass side of...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Seagull S8 mandolin. I just got one.

After a bit of reading on the issue, my guess too is that it's a bad nut slot. String change didn't help, so I'll deal with the nut one of these days.

Another plus for me is that it's such a nice...