Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Problems with playability. Help!

There may be some slight differences. But the entire interior is unfinished so it really does not matter much.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Best all time Inlay's

Maegen Wells' logo head stock inlays. Simple & Elegant:

https://www.pegheadnation.com/instruments-gear/fine-lutherie/maegen-wells-style-mandolin-and-15-inch-archtop-guitar/
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave Mandolin | Technique Nightmare

I used to have a Weber 22.5 inch scale OM that was a bear for me to play because of the scale length; set up was excellent. It was a rhythm beast, but lead/melody work was a struggle. I played a 20...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Best all time Inlay's

I'm obviously biased but I think the inlay of my Beagle on the headstock of my Girouard A is pretty great!

5. Replies
    Views

Re: Flatwounds on octave?

I have an archtop Northfield OM, a wonderful instrument with a 23” scale. If you have one, you are probably aware that if you want the tone Mike Marshall gets when he plays that Bach cello piece on...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Heavier strings=louder volume?

The physics of changing to heavier strings is as follows.

Let's start with what does NOT change: The frequencies of the open notes remain the same (G,D,A,E). The scale length is the same.

The...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Strumming like guitar?

One of my favorite examples of simply strumming a mandolin can be found on this video of Levon Helm strumming the mandolin.

Z6ZAujtEgVM