Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Electric Blues on Mandolin - Farther Up the Road

Hey Everyone,

Here's something new for me. I love older school electric blues like Freddie King but also a bit older than that. Here's an attempt to convert Bobby Blue's rendition of Farther Up...
  2. Replies
    Views

Hello from France !

Hi,

I am an intermediate guitar and ukulele player. I started playing guitar about 10 years ago. So many years and my level is quite disappointing... :crying:
    I read scores notation but I prefer...
  3. Re: URGENT: Found stolen Pegasus case - Goshen, IN

I saw that and was actually going to contact him about buying it but didn't. Figured he didn't know what he had. Keep us posted.
  4. Video demo of my new Craig Wilson "Griffith Loar"Tribute mandolin

https://youtu.be/qzNPojq25hI

wilsonmandolins.com
  5. Replies
    Views

New Mando Day, Eastman MD315

Bought this on an impulse without trying it, and I'm really liking it. Here it is alongside my Kentucky 272.

I'm afraid the 272 is not going to get much playing time now...
  6. Thread: Ruhland A5

by TAlex
    Replies
    Views

Re: Ruhland A5

7. Replies
    Views

Re: Hello, I am new here

Welcome Zeek!
    Since you already play guitar, you know that having the instrument properly set up makes a huge difference in how it plays and how much fun you have with it. Because of the double...
  8. Replies
    Views

Here's one on eBay. It isn't blue, but it does have a nifty dragon. https://www.ebay.com/itm/372489297197?hash=item56ba179d2d:g:qfQAAOSwGoBb28wA
  9. Replies
    Views

Welcome Z! Where in IL?
  10. Replies
    Views

Hey Zeek,
    Matt Flinner is doing a blues class as one of his fall course offerings (I am signed up). Go to mattflinner.com to check out the curriculum. His courses are excellent, affordable, and...
  11. Replies
    Views

Hey Zeek welcome to MandolinCafe!
    Here’s a cool tune for you, by Larry Unger. It’s very scale-like, so great for practicing D major, probably the most common key.
    You can print it out with TAB at...
  12. Replies
    Views

Welcome, Zeek!

Rich DelGrosso's book Mandolin Blues (plus any of his albums and YouTubes) can give you a lot of blues mandos insights.

Keep on pluckin'!
  13. Re: New Bela Fleck Album out - My Bluegrass Heart

Round Rock is on the album, track #7. Great song as well! Sierra Hull on the mandolin! For anyone reading this, here is the Youtube:

https://youtu.be/WWyX-SixOSk

https://youtu.be/WWyX-SixOSk
  14. Replies
    Views

Welcome to the Cafe!

Jamie
  15. Replies
    Views

Zeek, Be sure to check out Howard Morris' mandolins. A used A style, fully carved domestic instrument can be had for under $1,000. They sound absolutely wonderful and play easily, as well.
  16. Replies
    Views

I think OP said he bought it on CraigsList.

Mandolins like this show up on eBay frequently, with sellers like antoniotsai and Bruce Wei. They're made in Vietnam, and feature ornate decorative...
  17. Replies
    Views

The blue mandolin with the fancy pearl is the cool to look at. I would like to know where you bought it, I want one.
  18. Replies
    Views

Welcome aboard, Zeek. I see that MAS is already nibbling at your toes. Watch out!
  19. Replies
    Views

If you decide to purchase another mandolin Eastman and Kentucky make good mandolins and are a terrific value. If you buy one from one of the site sponsors it should come with a decent setup and ready...
  20. Replies
    Views

Welcome to the Cafe!

I agree that taking your time and learning as much as you can before the next acquisition is a good approach. It is amazing how much you can learn here. Although I started...
  21. Replies
    Views

Welcome to our wild, wacky world. You will be amazed at the expertise and experience of Cafe members, so like Jim said, take you time, explore the Cafe and, mostly, have fun. Good luck.
  22. Replies
    Views

Welcome to the Cafe. Did you buy your Ibanez new? It looks like it may have a piece of foam plastic under the bridge that the store should have removed. It will sound better without that deadening...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Ibanez Mandolin question

Welcome!
    The cover slides off towards the endpin.
    You can take a coin and slide it.
    https://youtu.be/fLIRe-0wprA