Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

New ten string Bandolim from Pedro Santos

Hi there,

I wanted to share my experience of receiving a fabulous instrument from Pedro Santos. He was wonderful to work with, and the instrument is beautiful, plays wonderfully, and sounds...
  2. Replies
    Views

Folk Pop Gospel Octave Mandolin?

Hi colleagues. I know this genre won't be everyone's cup of tea but the octave mandolin (Heiden) gets pride of place and the string section liked my part so much they stole it... I hope you enjoy...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New Heiden Octave Short Scale

4. Replies
    Views

New Heiden Octave Short Scale

This showed up today. Waited two years and hoo boy is it great. Michael has built four instruments for me over the past 30 years. This thing plays and sounds as good as it looks.

5. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull plays a Duff octave mandolin

If anyone is interested, I transcribed that video for my own practice (and in preparation for the Heiden Octave I should be getting any day now).

Spencer
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Heiden string choices

I use the D’Addario Chris Thile set and my Heiden likes the sturdier A string and E string, but I also used the Simonoff sets for a while and they were good too. I’ll try those GHS sets.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Right Hand Mandolin Book in the making!

A good description of the various approaches within and across genres, from classical to choro to bluegrass, with illustrations and exercises sounds like a must have resource to me! Glad you’re...
  8. Canadians not eligible, which is kinda poopy.

Canadians not eligible, which is kinda poopy.
  9. Re: String Tension: What It Means and How It Became Important

I look forward to the findings and hope it will say something about A string tension and how to make it not the floppy poor cousin of all the other strings!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Jethro Burns Superlick in standard notation

Hey Ryk, glad it helped. Sorry it's not in TAB as well, I haven't found the ideal software to do this work with yet. Here's another superlick I figured out today as I was home sick with a cold/flu....
  11. Replies
    Views

Jethro Burns Superlick in standard notation

I was just working on this today and thought folks might find a use for it.

Regards!

Spencer Capier
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: New Heiden imminent...

The new Heiden arrived in the post today...106939106940106941106942106943106944106945106946106947
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Calton Casers - Austin, Texas

This is great news! I have a mando fiddle case that needs refiberglassing, will they do that you think? So glad the New Brunswick jerk got the heave ho.
  14. Replies
    Views

I Want to be Happy Homer and Jethro

So I asked noted musician John Eubanks to chart out the mandolin part for "I Want to be Happy" from the Homer and Jethro Catalog. He did an amazing job and charged a very reasonable price. He's...