Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

This is a piece from a collection I'm working on that is inspired by the Great Plains. The instrument is a Kimble 2-point mandola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYO0ZY86Q4I
  2. Replies
    Views

Bourree #1 from Bach Cello Suite #3

Been working on this for a few weeks and have hit the point of diminishing returns, so I decided to set up a mic and close the books on it. The instrument is a Northfield 5-Bar Artist (Engelmann).
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A2Z refret with larger frets??

One of my friends who is a long-time vintage dealer refers to these people as the ICP (I Can't Play) types. He doesn't have a lot of patience with them.

I have gotten to where I value playability...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Peace by Sarah Jarosz

Quick follow-up ... I noticed today while watching Sarah's performance that in measures 19 and 51 she doesn't keep the 2nd fret barre and use the 2nd string, 7th fret to get the E. She actually lifts...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: New Chris Thile album

The Bach recordings and the collaborations with Marshall, Ma, Meyer, etc., are a lot more appealing to me. But I continue to support Thile's efforts with my dollar because I think he deserves it.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Peace by Sarah Jarosz

I was listening to this song today and decided to do a full transcription in both standard notation (which I find easier to read) and tab. The recorded versions differ (minorly) in different spots,...
  7. Thread: Mandola Clef

by mswilks
    Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola Clef

I use a standard treble clef when I am transcribing things for mandola, so I guess the short answer is that it depends on what is easiest for you. Piano was my first instrument and I have a really...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble two point reviews?

I've had two or three of Will's two-points over the years. I am more of a pianist / guitar player than a mandolin player, but I have a hard time imagining anybody being able to do anything better at...