Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Myers Blend Pickup

Thanks everyone for the replies! I ended up ordering a Feather as I realized that the Blend would have too much extra cable to deal with. I also appreciate the recommendation on the Grip. I'll keep...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Three string chords - good and bad?

No disadvantage at all. Three string phrasing offers a lot of flexibility. Four string chording is great but not a requirement by any stretch. Once I figured out how to move three string chording...
  3. Re: How has the mandolin changed your guitar playing?

I have a Tacoma dreadnought style guitar that I've had for a long time. I still love playing it and I should play it more often. :mandosmiley:

Kind of a different response here, but I'll give it...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Need to improve my tone

This one hundred percent. It is true that higher quality instruments help get to higher quality of the sound, sometimes... The other times it comes down to how instruments are set up. It takes me...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Garcia guitar Grisman mandolin

Found a bootleg of this recording many years ago entitled Lost and Found. It's an incredible SBD recording. Nice to know a video of this exists! Thanks for sharing! 185561
  6. Replies
    Views

Schwab #79

Received the Schwab #79 5 string and took it for a test run today. I gotta say, I've not played an electric instrument (guitar or mandolin) that plays quite like this. Many thanks to MrMando and...
  7. Re: Emando players: What do you want in an amp?

After many years of struggling with amps I've finally settled on two depending on size of performance space and sound of the group.

Fishman Loudbox Mini: $350 on Sweetwater.com. 60 watts solid...