Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: He is... the most interesting mandolin player in the world...

My favorite.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Current Gibson Mandos

Wow, regardless of how you guys feel about Gibson, the OP posted to show their enthusiasm for their new mando. It seems a bit mean-spirited to try to diminish that. :(
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin near window?

He said near a window, not in a window. Sounds like it will only get partial afternoon sun.
  4. Re: 2013 Gibson F-5G with a couple scratches and small dents?

I'd look at the Mandolin Store or Elderly and see what is on offer. You can email them to see if they have any specials going and you can be sure the mandolin has been checked over and set up...
  5. Re: An Update On My Beginnings (& The Lack Thereof)

I am doing the slow thing too. Use tefView and go to MandoZine and pick out some of the beginner tabs to work on, and slow them down to the very slowest and work your way up. Pick out the tabs and...
  6. Re: An Update On My Beginnings (& The Lack Thereof)

You're not alone. I got some great tips in a post I made recently. Maybe it will encourage you too! http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?107446-Sticking-to-it
  7. Replies
    Views

Tabledit! Newbies, read this!

So I have classical training (not on mandolin) and read notation very well. I have never been able to pick up tab and read it very quickly, whether when I was learning guitar or ukulele or now...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of your band!!

We are strictly small-time and have done a few small gigs around Brisbane, Pete. We only have enough for about a 30 minute set right now! The band has been going for about a year but I just joined in...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Sticking to it

Awesome. And dang, I do have a stand for my mandolin. It's the prettiest thing in the house, I've gotta look at it! It's right next to my husband's double bass. We have strange decor in the lounge...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Sticking to it

Thanks Pete! We are called the Bumsteaders, because we are an offshoot from BUMS, the Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society.
  11. Replies
    Views

Sticking to it

I have a history of having a red hot obsession for a new hobby or interest, to the point that I go through a phase where I don't want to think about, talk about, read about anything else and I live...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: High end mandos worth it?

I don't understand why you care what other people spend their money on?
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Jacobson #23

Lovely! Is that turquoise?
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: My New J Bovier A5 Special

Gorgeous!
  15. Re: Sam Bush's 40th Telluride Anniversary Gibson Mandolin

Again, works for me. Not sure what is wrong. It's on Facebook but it's on a public page.
  16. Sam Bush's 40th Telluride Anniversary Gibson Mandolin

David Harvey just posted this. :disbelief:

Video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=782611608450443

17. Breakthroughs and thoughts on the Jack Tottle book

I'm one of those who posted several months ago that my fingers were too short and I'd never manage 4-finger chops. Several of you encouraged me and even posted measurements of your hands so I could...
  18. Re: I need suggestions for dinner music at my wedding

Don Stiernberg.
  19. Re: Name the Mandolin Brand Played by Popular Artists

Uke is fun. It's approachable. The tuning makes chords really easy to form and the nylon strings mean your fingers don't hurt. You can play your basic four chords in C, F, G, D your first day. It's...
  20. Re: Both these Red Diamonds got my attention.....

I love the singer's voice in that first clip.
  21. Re: Post a picture of an unconventional colour scheme/finish

I don't know if a goldrush counts as unconventional. It's more butterscotch than blonde.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Making Practice Count

This SMART framework is used quite often in the corporate world and I have experience there as a manager. Let's see if I can help.

Specific: it needs to be a small chunk of work. Not "get better"...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: My goldrush is born!

Thanks Rush, the Dunn is great. Greg is local to me too, which is super. I count him as a friend.

Melissa, I saw your good news and had been following your deliberations about the F5G. It sure is...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: My goldrush is born!

She's gorgeous!!! I will post photos when I can. I actually took a bunch but realized they all have spots on them. I need to get my phone camera looked at so I have made a Genius appointment for this...
  25. Re: Difference Between the 3rd and the 5th

One way to think about the degrees of a scale is the amount of tension they introduce to the ear. Your ear wants to resolve from more tension to less tension. The degree of tension from least to most...
Page 1 of 2 1 2