Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

thanks a lot!
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Hello, This is my first upload. learning frm this site for 14 months on and off. got the opportunity to jam with a friend.
    La Noyee by Yann Tiersann
    https://youtu.be/MDMJO7R7czw
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: acoustic/electric mandolin in 2021

To everyone recommending the best possible acoustic mandolin I can buy and add a pickup to it, I feel you. It is just that I only had a week, 10 days max to get the final product for a friend to...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: best use of GIJM and Jethro books

continuing to report some of my progress on this thread and 3 questions that have come:
    1. how fast should I be able to play a tune before I can shift to another from jethro's book ?

the speed...
  5. Replies
    Views

sounds really cool way to practise! just to confirm that I got it right - I should try to sing to the tunes I am playing...lyrics can be my own..but matching the tune..and as I sing, I might wander...
  6. Replies
    Views

Ok this is good advice and in parts what I have been doing so far. but here are some observations regarding that.
    Part 3 is the easiest and the most fun - we are playing and integrating tunes that...
  7. Replies
    Views

best use of GIJM and Jethro books

hello everyone, I hope all are safe.
    I started playing last year and learned to play some basic tunes. this march I started with FFcP and ingrained the initial 4 positions on my left hands. I have...
  8. Re: better practice sessions for a motivated begineer

Thanks JeffD! I see where you are coming from exactly. I have in the past suffered much from perfectionism and ambition, which ultimately takes the joy out of things and kept me constantly...
  9. Re: better practice sessions for a motivated begineer

thanks for this. most of these bullet points are long term targets which can help me set short term tangible targets. scales and arpeggios are something I am on already, and this forum is allowing me...
  10. Re: better practice sessions for a motivated begineer

this seems like great advice. this is something that I can do right away, nudges me to think about what is happening musically to be able to add chord/ double stop, and yet does not overwhelm me!...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: 10 Finnish folksongs play along.

beautifully played Toomas!
    I have learned some basic tune on mandolin in the last 3 months, and getting into double stops, any tips on how to get good enough to be able to play the tunes you have...