Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Electric Mandolin Build Help?

As you may know dialing in the high Estring with the pick up can be an issue, getting that right can make or break a four string electric mandolin IMO
  2. Replies
    Views

Hi Magnus,

That’s the first time I’ve been aware of hearing a 5 string octave. Thought that it sounded excellent. Would be interested to see the 4 string in action, if you have a similar video....
  3. Replies
    Views

My experience with electric mandolin started nearly 30 years ago. A band I was watching at a local pup used one on a couple of songs. I was hooked, but couldn’t find one to buy. I bought an acoustic...
  4. Replies
    Views

I have built a 4-string electric mandolin and a 5-string electric octave. While I enjoy the 4-string, to me, it's limited by its trebliness, and it's been mostly a wall hanger. The 5-string octave,...
  5. Replies
    Views

An octave mandolin would play and sound more like an electric guitar, so it depends on the genre(s) you want to play. The Bigsby electric mandolins I believe were all maple, but you could look at...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mid-range Case Recommendations

I was everyone thought like that.
  7. Replies
    Views

If a Travelite is good enough for Mike Marshall's Loar...
  8. Replies
    Views

The Superior fiberglass I just got at Amazon has padding over the neck, and padding on both sides of the bridge but its out on the edges by the F-holes. Nothing directly over the bridge. I like it....
  9. Replies
    Views

yep!
  10. Replies
    Views

One other idea would be to find a Collings case. They are made by TXL and seem a little more solid than a standard TXL case. They have upgraded hinges, a very nice handle and the interior is much...
  11. Replies
    Views

Crossrock accommodate a range of sizes. It ships with an extra foam piece that you can use to snug it up. I leave the Tone-Guard on my mandolins and the Crossrock handles that well also.
    I also like...
  12. Replies
    Views

Hiscox is my favorite at any price. Light, kind to the instrument, and protective.
  13. Replies
    Views

I recently bought the Superior Deluxe A-style case for my Silverangeland am very pleased. I'm not sure what the F-style costs, but the A cost me just over $110.

Here is a review I wrote of it:...
  14. Replies
    Views

I recently bought a Crossrock Fiberglass case and really like it. It has backpack straps for festivals or airports or whatever. They usually run around $185 on Amazon, but I found one at around...
  15. Replies
    Views

Crossrock fiberglass mandolin case $180.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0759MTKNM/
  16. Replies
    Views

The Silver Creek Vintage F Style Mandolin case gets my vote....
  17. Replies
    Views

I'm a big fan of my Northfield Airloom case. At $399 it's a little above your price range but well below the Carlton range. Any questions about my experience with it, just ask!

You might also...
  18. Replies
    Views

I have not used one but these look nice and seem fairly priced.

https://www.elderly.com/accessories/cases-gigbags/mandolin-family-cases-gigbags/ameritage-silver-series-mandolin-case-94994.htm
  19. Re: Seeking Advice: Seller Misrepresented Condition.

Only play it in the dark. You’ll only hear it and think it’s pristine.
  20. Re: Seeking Advice: Seller Misrepresented Condition.

Go for the sound. :popcorn:
  21. Re: Seeking Advice: Seller Misrepresented Condition.

If I bought that motorcycle I would grumble about the lack of indian motorcyle under the tank ;)
  22. Re: Seeking Advice: Seller Misrepresented Condition.

Not to steal the thread but I guess I'm a little prejudice about old and used, this is my 1939 harley knucklehead bobber motorgoat with a 1937 Indian tank. All of it is absolutely 100% naturally...
  23. Re: Seeking Advice: Seller Misrepresented Condition.

Mike...could i please have that one:)

* my .02 is if its structurally sound, ends up playing well and you experience varying levels of joy when you play it....Keep it. You might even get "street...
  24. Re: Seeking Advice: Seller Misrepresented Condition.

Well, you can be thankful it doesn't look like this one. You're getting good advice here. There's people that pay extra for the age lines but only you can decide if you're happy with it.
  25. Re: Seeking Advice: Seller Misrepresented Condition.

Thank god it actually has finish checks....it could be a poly finish with inlaid vines on the fretboard with no checks but then you'd be playing a mandolin made in the Philippines and it probably...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3