Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: On the Waiting List with Austin Clark

I've had a full day with it now and man, what an instrument.

I'm not as storied or worldly as some other Cafe members, and I do not have a myriad of experience with other high end mandolins....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: On the Waiting List with Austin Clark

Today's the day! Scheduled for delivery in the next few hours.
  3. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 26: All Aboard

This is the last day of the month which means this is the last video I have scheduled! What a crazy month it has been, I've learned so much from these...
  4. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 10: Honey Hurry Home

Heading out for a few gigs with the Henhouse Prowlers this weekend (Rockford and Bloomington, IL!) and thought I'd post another video before I left....
  5. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 9: Delma Blue

Ronnie's tremolo and double stop feel gives me the chills. Love this solo! As always, the sheet music/tab can be found for free here:...
  6. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 8: Long Journey Home

Just want to thank everyone who has tuned in thus far. I promise I read all the comments and I appreciate all the kind things people have been...
  7. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 7: Break Up

Woo, a whole week is complete! Feels good to have seven of these out in the world but we still have the rest of the month to go. Today is another solo off of...
  8. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 6: Little Blossom.

I think it’s important to know how to back up and fill while people are singing. It’s an underrated skill to have and often overlooked. Ronnie knows...
  9. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 5: Little Cabin On The Home

Always fun to see what Ronnie does over a standard bluegrass number. This one has Monroe DNA all over it!

auVi8jzycrI
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Top Current Makers

david bennedict, dan tyminskl, aaron wienstien, even adam steffey played one and many others, as do i ..... all play oliver "apitious" from canada .ya cant count this guy out.
  11. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 4: Bad Day For Love

cMCeWwWjcKk
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Top Current Makers

What about Wayne Henderson and John McClanahan? I’ve never had the privilege of playing them, but judging by price and/or reputation, they could be on your list.
  13. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 3: Revenuer's Blues

H_nCkVPxBwY

Sheet music/tab can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/ronnie-mccoury-3-95838540
  14. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 2: Gone But Not Forgotten

Another killer solo in the key of C. If you want to know how to make quarter notes sound spunky in a solo this is a good one for you. Sheet...
  15. Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of January

Trying a fun little exercise of learning a Ronnie McCoury solo a day. Maybe I underestimated how difficult this would be but let's find out :))

I usually post majority of my videos on social media...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Double Stop Lessons

Thanks for all the kind comments so far. I've released another video today and this time we take a look at finding our triad arpeggios in G,C and D and our pentatonics using the double stop shapes we...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Double Stop Lessons

Alright, second video in this double stop series is up and running. We take the G major double stop shapes we learned in the first lesson and apply them to C and D.

GickuZACBPw
  18. Replies
    Views

Double Stop Lessons

Hello folks. It's been a while since I posted on Mandolin Cafe but I thought some of you would enjoy some of the free resources that I am sharing over on YouTube and my Patreon.

First video in my...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Hi, All. I've really worked hard to stay out of this discussion. I just enjoy reading comments. Aren't there so many great picks out there for us to play?

I did have one question. I may have...
  20. Replies
    Views

Pick Sampler #1 update

Hi all - I’ve been enjoying Pick Sampler #1. Tried to send the following attachments to Mark via the private messaging function, but it seems to only allow attachments from URLs.

I reorganized...
  21. Replies
    Views

Sampler #2 is on its way to Lucy Lindblom. Thanks for this opportunity. It was great to go through so many different options. The BC Tad 40 was my favorite of the bunch, but tons of good ones in...
  22. Replies
    Views

Just received Sampler #2 in the mail today! I’ve got my work cut out for me to try them all. I’m glad I got the Charmed life picks early. Looks like Lucy is next on the list for this pack. I’ll...
  23. Re: Leo Lindblom's brand new Silverangel mandolin - by Ken Ratcli

Leo sounds great!
  24. Re: Leo Lindblom's brand new Silverangel mandolin - by Ken Ratcli

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q70/923/iPUjES.png
  25. Re: Leo Lindblom's brand new Silverangel mandolin - by Ken Ratcli

congrats on your new mandolin Leo! A great choice
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4