Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

It's really great to finally get to see the shop in China! Thank you Adrian for sharing!
    Great instruments being built by real folks who obviously care and are putting real heart and soul into their...
  2. There goes my brother in sound again! Thanks...

There goes my brother in sound again!
    Thanks guys. Beautifully done
  3. Ook’n’m was a funny moniker we would use for when...

Ook’n’m was a funny moniker we would use for when we would get into some kind of crazy syncopated cross-rhythmic stuff. So we ended up referring to the group by that name. Mostly just amongst...
  4. Re: Article: Northfield Celebrates July 9 Centennial with Special

I love how you guys are shining a bright new light on our mandolin world.
    Your openness and creativity are a welcome sea change. Building on our wonderful tradition while pushing at the...
  5. Re: Article: New from Mel Bay Publishing, Inc. - The Mandocello,

If you would like to hear the first three Bach Cello Suites played on my Monteleone Mandocello, you can check them out on my Bandcamp page at: https://mikemarshallf5.bandcamp.com

It was my...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: David Surette has passed.

Very very sad news indeed.
    Never a sweeter guy. Such a talented, big eared, always supportive musician with a litany of skills from all corners. And what a Teacher!
    A Great Gentle Man has left us....
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: David Surette's health

Thank you for the information Scott ( and Sue of course)

We send our love and blessings to David from Germany. Be strong buddy,
    We love you and we want to meet at Swannanoa again soon!
    Mike,...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Arthur Stern

Yes another Dear one has gone.
    He had as much enthusiasm as anyone you ever met about the music. He was honest in his critiques too ; ) But always endearing.
    My first days with the Dawg and...
  9. Re: Article: ArtistWorks Joins World's Leading Online Music Educa

One is always a bit nervous when big changes like this occur, but I've been assured that things will stay as they are. I love the format and all the wonderful energy that all of the students put in...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko Passes

It's Sad Day. One of our good ones has passed. Thank you Peter for all you've given. A shining light in the mando world. Beautiful tunes. Beautiful tones. He opened up many doors with that great big...
  11. Re: Article: A Conversation with Caterina Lichtenberg on the Rele

Yeah buddy. I was in the control room. We tried all these different picks and that one sounded like clouds of sound. Zero pick click. Amazing!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy 75th Birthday Today, David Grisman!

First he and Tony's EMD blew my head off, then he showed me the way to Barstow while Janice was cooking in the background.
    Then we went to France and fiddled with Django's Steph with Opuses spinning...
  13. Re: Bluegrass Giveaway - Mike Marshall, Tony Trischka, Michael Da

https://go.artistworks.com/bluegrass-giveaway-summer-2?utm_expid=.qQzmFHrkT7OZgcuagwVMCA.1&utm_referrer=
  14. Bluegrass Giveaway - Mike Marshall, Tony Trischka, Michael Daves!

ArtistWorks, the leading provider of online music instruction has announced its biggest “Big Bluegrass Giveaway” ever. Three lucky winners will be flown to the company’s headquarters in Napa, CA for...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP - John Baxter of Mandozine

Sad news. He was a very cool guy with a great big heart. He did much to promote our little instrument in the early days of computers before these super highway things.
    Thanks for all you did to help...
  16. It's been a really inspiration to work with...

It's been a really inspiration to work with Adrian and all the folks at Northfield to pursue these developments in their new mandolins. I'm really impressed with how open and willing they are to...
  17. Re: Mike Marshall and Caterina Lichtenberg in Rome June 2017

At least one a day... ; )
  18. Re: Mike Marshall and Caterina Lichtenberg in Rome June 2017

Yes, I am mostly playing the Northfield believe it or not. Especially in these duet settings where I really want that sustain and low end richness to support the other person with chords and such. I...
  19. Re: Mike Marshall and Caterina Lichtenberg in Rome June 2017

That's actually that beautiful Northfield that I am playing. Engelmann Spruce 5 bar. Love it!
    Also just a note that this is something that Caterina and I put up on our Artist Works teaching site as...
  20. Mike Marshall and Caterina Lichtenberg in Rome June 2017

Here we are playing at the Rome Chamber Music Festival June 2017
    At the beautiful Barbarina Palazzo playing Vivaldi Concerto in Am for two violins (mandolins) Enjoy!

21. Re: Best wishes for a peaceful weekend and the holiday ahead

Thanks Scott,
    Well said. Glad this place is safe. ; )

MM
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Rob Wasserman

Yes a sad day.
    We had a great time with the Dawg, Grappelli, Darol Anger and OConnor.
    He was way too young.

23. Re: Article: ArtistWorks Launches Caterina Lichtenberg's School o

I am VERY excited about Caterina's on-line teaching school.
    It is without a doubt the most comprehensive classical mandolin curriculum that I have ever seen. She has condensed 300 years of mandolin...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Keith Passes

Thank you Bill for all you've done for the banjo and for leaving us this beautiful approach to music making that you have always had. You wil not be forgotten. I can't count the number of times I...
  25. Re: Rest in peace, Paul Binkley, Modern Mandolin Quartet

Yes he will be very much missed. He was a sweetheart of a man. SO cool and kept our vibe exactly where it always needed to be.
    The typical position of the middle voice instrument, he was the...
Page 1 of 2 1 2