Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuning a Mandola to DAEB

For DAEB tuning, just put your capo on fret #2.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: tenor or new standard tuning

They're working on updating the formula to make these strings stronger.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Six strings in fifths

Actually we now have Special Strings tuned C, G, D, A, E, B called GCT-Cello & they're nylon so the tension is lower to prevent breakage.

- - - Updated - - -

Magma GCT-Cello strings tuned...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: guitarra baiana

Bahian Guitar is actually the very 1st Electric Mandolin ever made.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuning mandolin down a whole step to FCGD

I've had my friend get his Clarinet Converted into a C Clarinet so he could play Music written for C instruments so my Mandolin is now strung for normal GDAE Tuning.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: tenor or new standard tuning

In fact you have to treat these strings as if they're gut strings
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Breaking A-Strings in CGDA tuning

Actually to get a strong signal w/ the thinner strings, I replaced the Original Pickups w/ Railhammer Pickups which are overwound (along w/ rails on the bass strings & larger sized pole pieces on the...
  8. Replies
    Views

Octave4Pus makes good strings for C, G, D, A, E, B Tuning gauges are .050, .044, .026, .011, .008, & .006. The .006 gauge B4 string is reinforced so you have to tune it up slowly, very much like Gut...
  9. Replies
    Views

I actually got special locking tuners that are designed specifically for Octave4Plus strings because they have felt to protect the string.
  10. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

The 5 String Electric Mandolin is common in Brazil. The 5 & 10 string Mandolins can be tuned to an Open Chord so you can play Slide Blues on them. It does create a really interesting High Pitched...
  11. Thread: LiuQin

by s11141827
    Replies
    Views

Re: LiuQin

206973 I found some Flatwound Zhongruan (Tenor Ruan) Strings which can be tuned GDGD, ADAD, GDAD (common in Irish Music too), & also GDAE (like a Tenor Guitar in Octave Mandolin tuning). They're...
  12. Thread: LiuQin

by s11141827
    Replies
    Views

Re: LiuQin

The Zhongruan is basically a Moon Tenor Guitar. Originally it used Silk Strings but nowadays we use Flatwound strings which have a Slick Jazz feel. D'addario now makes amazing Zhongruan strings which...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: tenor guitars strung as octave mandolin

I've used GDAE Octave Mandolin Tuning on the Tenor Guitar for Jazz. I added a Pickup & plugged it into the amp to get a nice Jazz tone:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG9L1AcYwlo
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: guitarra baiana

The Bahian Guitar (or Guitarra Baiana) isn't really a Guitar, it's a little Electric Mandolin (Bandolim Eletrico). The sound of these instruments falls in between an Electric Guitar & a Mandolin so...
  15. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

206102 OK here's a good one, this is a Brazilian made Elifas Santana 5 String Electric Mandolin. In Brazil it's called Guitarra Baiana (Bahian Guitar) or Bandolim Elétrico de 5 cordas
  16. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

Actually the 4 String Electric Mandolin is really an Electrified Steel string version of the Cremonese Mandolin, the oldest 4 string Mandolin ever made.206101
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: c.1910 American-made 6-string Balalaika

Turns out this instrument is a Rare 6 string Secunda Balalaika which has a Longer Scale Length so it likes the Lower Tuning.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: What to do with 25" scale tenor guitar?

205848 There are 4 String Resonator Tenors out there w/ a 25 in scale so it's a Semi-Tenor/Plectrum Guitar. It can be tuned C, G, D, A, because Octave4Plus makes Special High A4 Strings for these...
  19. Replies
    Views

Grover Romantics might help & it would also help if those strings had colored silk wound around the ends to protect them
  20. Re: customize a short scale guitar to a tenor guitar

205674 Here's a good one a Tenor Les Paul, they've reprofiled the neck to be the same width as a Tenor Banjo.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone know of a suitable clip-on tuner?

D'addario makes a really good one
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: 4 string mandolin?

The 4 String Domra Prima is a Modernized Steel String Circular Bodied version of the Cremonese Mandolin. The 4 String Electric Mandolin is really an Electrified Cremonese Mandolin.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor Guitar vs Tenor Banjo

The Tenor Guitar & Tenor Banjo have the same Tuning but they sound different. Of course the Tenor Guitar is a hybrid instrument consisting of a Tenor Banjo neck slapped on a Guitar body. These were...
  24. Re: Strings for tuning Plectrum banjo as Irish Tenor capoed 3rd f

A Plectrum Banjo tuned GDAE w/ EJ63i Strings is great & the package really clearly says they're optimized for a 26.25 in scale which is the scale length of a Plectrum Banjo. The reason why they're...
  25. Re: Are there any 5-string tenors exist? Are there any vintage on

Octave4Plus makes 5ths Tuning Strings that tune CGDAEB (the Gauges are 50, 44, 26, 11, 8, 6) & they'll avoid the breakage problem since they're under super low tension, & if you lubricate the bridge...
Page 1 of 2 1 2