Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Oregon Jamboree on May 19

Workshops are open for registration at no charge with support from a grant from the City of Wilsonville. Wilsonville is just south of Portland.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Most tunes I post to YouTube are 65+ years old

If the tunes are just 65 years old they're younger than me!
  3. Replies
    Views

Grisman Going Viral

Hey everyone! Thanks to all of you who have watched my interview with the Dawg. It's gotten nearly 5,000 views in four days. Sweet!

https://youtu.be/nMQxNvoDlDY?si=LN5lnxSuzQ3jgeuD
  4. Billy Strings and Christopher Henry - Midnight on the Stormy Deep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_aqhiV2V8w
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy 100th Birthday, #73987!

There is this wonderful in-depth article about The Mandolin That Changed The World. Lots of info, insights, and photos. :mandosmiley:
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: The new Nickel Creek Album

Not sure if I got a thumbs up emoji, here, but now I see where you are coming from.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: I can’t find The Blues in my Mandolin

More than a few blues ideas right here:

https://youtu.be/fsx5s8diIiA
    And

https://youtu.be/t62VYtY47J8
  8. Replies
    Views

interesting movie

Caught an old movie the other night that may be of interest to fans of the jazz and also the mandolin!

It's "Second Chorus", from 1940, starring Fred Astaire, Paulette Goddard, and Burgess...
  9. The Storms Are On The Ocean - Guitar/Mandolin

I was a bit hesitant as to whether or not to post this. Is this a mandolin video or a guitar video? Maybe a bit of both?? Anyways, slowing way down to 85 bpm on this one. This was a good...
  10. Replies
    Views

Someone posted this on FB recently

Fascinating, on many levels

/-8lNvFp2k_k
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Learning mandolin and music theory?

Rather than knowing the theory first and then learning the instrument, it's quite common to learn the theory as you go along, using actual tunes or songs you're learning as vehicles to solidify what...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Pricing?

More data. This is a screen shot from Wayback Machine of the classifieds from February 2020. 628 mandolins for sale in the Classifieds. Right now, 440 and a lot of that is easy to spot as retailers...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Pricing?

Supply and demand, or market forces are important, but when we get into the "higher end" market, especially hand built mandolins, branding becomes much more important for determining prices.
    We've...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky 272 and my big problem

Per Adam Steffey: "A man can never have enough mandolins". Watch out.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis Waitlist

That Ellis at The Mandolin Store was on the classifieds for something like 2 hours before it sold and there were multiple inquiries. I'd like to say the retail outlook has improved since that article...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Memorizing a song

What works for me is breaking it down into sections. Play a phrase, a length you can easily memorize, and repeat it until you absolutely have it. Then add the next phrase and do the same. Next step...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: The Amazing Olga Egorova

She was a Mandolin Mondays feature back in 2018. Exceptionally talented musician. She can really crank out a lot of music when she plays. Always wondered if she was in Russian banya when she recorded...
  18. Replies
    Views

The Amazing Olga Egorova

blew my doors right off the hinges

Uev8gXuVexw
  19. Replies
    Views

Thile Update NYT

New York Times profile of 40-year old mandolinist, C.T. HERE

20. Re: Article: Weber Announces Pause in Mandolin Manufacturing

Well I glad I have my Weber Yellowstone. It is awesome.
  21. Replies
    Views

Jazz Walking Bass Lines for Mandolin

Hi everyone, I just posted a quick lesson about playing walking bass lines on the mando, something I love to do when I back up someone in jazz music. Enjoy!
  22. Replies
    Views

Gborm? Gbrom?

Well, I guess I just can't keep quiet any longer. In a few weeks, I will receive my third addition to the mandolin stable.

I'm getting a flattop guitar-bodied octave mandolin--with a resonator....
  23. A strange contraption for measuring and installing new strings

After seeing the tip for string change, about winding around the tuner post a few times, I went straight to the mandolin that needed new strings BUT it had a slotted head and the method didn't really...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Ads without a price

I assume they are over priced.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko Passes

Peter could play anything on the mandolin(also fiddle and guitar)and play it at master level. He did an awful lot to showcase and popularize the mandolin, his versatility and virtuosity showing us...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4