Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Back to building kits!!!

Congrats on your retirement Don! I believe the 'kits' page for your website is inactive so may be time to resurrect it?
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Back to building kits!!!

Welcome back Don, it's good to see you again.
  3. Re: Don Kawalek Mandolin Building Workshop, March 25-30, 2018

I had a great time and have already been enjoying my new mandolin!
  4. Re: Don Kawalek Mandolin Building Workshop, March 25-30, 2018

Hey, that second guy on the left looks familiar!
  5. Re: Don Kawalek Mandolin Building Workshop, March 25-30, 2018

Sterling - I've been to several of Don's camps and enjoyed every one - my first had about twenty people attending and Don was running around like a crazy guy trying to make sure everyone went home...
  6. Re: Don Kawalek Mandolin Building Workshop, March 25-30, 2018

164177164178I went to Don’s workshop and would highly recommend it. I had zero carpentry skills but with Don’s help came home with a really great sounding mandolin. I learned enough to start...
  7. Re: Don Kawalek Mandolin Building Workshop, March 25-30, 2018

Don't I wish! I have his OM kit, and the attention to detail is everything one could want.
  8. Don Kawalek Mandolin Building Workshop, March 25-30, 2018

If you've followed these and other discussion forums related to mando building workshops over the years you know that Don Kawalek's classes have gotten rave reviews. If you're interested but have...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Kawalek Build Workshop in Virginia

Two participants! You guys will have a great time and with Don's attention between two of you, you should finish up with something special. At the first camp I did with Don back in 2003 I think we...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave Mandolin Build Workshop - Don Kawalek

Hi All,

Long time lurker, but first time poster. I also did the course (octave) and will second everything Bill said. The kits are great. I went in with no more woodworking experience than...
  11. Replies
    Views

Octave Mandolin Build Workshop - Don Kawalek

I attended Don Kawalek's annual mandolin/banjo build workshop this week at the Holiday Lake State Park 4-H Educational Center near Appomattox, VA this week. What a blast! I built an octave mandolin...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Newly Born Instruments.

This workshop was very worthwhile. I learned a lot about instrument building in a short time. There was plenty of instruction and hands on experience. Don was available to demonstrate each step...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: No rest for the weary..Any help?

Here's one on Jake Wildwood's site.

Here's an earlier model on Frank Ford's www.frets.com.