Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: 5 string in jazz combo question

in my experience on the 5-string electric, I'll usually "comp"(grab chords for accompaniment) in the mandola range of the five, lower four C-G-D-A. i've heard my friend and electric mando hero Paul...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: The end of my playing days.

Hi folks - I'm very deeply appreciative of the fact that our illustrious leader Scott T.,hasn't closed this thread.

I've been a member for 13 years & as you might see,i've posted a fair few...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Fender Tele Tenor at NAMM

I would like to see Fender, Gibson, Gretsch and Epiphone all get serious about tenors. A reissue of the Epiphone Zenith tenor would be awesome as well as some from Gibson's vault.

I don't mind the...
  4. Replies
    Views

cloudy days

Now that the Cubs are done I have a bit more mando time. Plus we've had a couple raw, overcast or rainy days, chilly first days of fall. So naturally I played Nuages, that beautiful Django melody,...
  5. Replies
    Views

Good-bye old Mandolin Cafe

Sorry for the lack of notice but no sense in announcing these things to our mind. If your browser is functioning properly and hasn't cached a bunch of old stuff you'll notice there's a new look to...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Rootless chords

I think the key to playing a chord in which you omit one voice is to always include the 3rd and 7th (guide tones)--these are the essential bones of the chord skeleton. In your example you added a...
  7. Replies
    Views

Rootless chords

I would like to learn more about chord voicings that exclude the root. I also would like to better understand when and where to employ them in my comping style.

Here is one example of a G7...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dawg

Note from the Dawg into our email inbox. He asked us to post this as he hasn't done posting with attachments. Here it is!

Many thanks to all y'all!! I've been told it's better to give than to...
  9. Replies
    Views

Thank you, Mando Cafe!

Im not sure that this is an acceptable topic in this section of the forum, but I just want to say thank you to the users and admins of the site! My other primary instrument (bass guitar) has a forum...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastwood Mandocaster--low volume E course

On many electric instruments, the pickup coils are spring mounted, so adjusting the screws at the ends of the pickup will raise or lower the pickups. You can raise the treble end slightly relative...