1. Replies
    Views

Re: The Gibson Factory in Kalamazoo

Thanks,enjoyed the videos.

Adam
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: The Gibson Factory in Kalamazoo

Interesting. That hand shaper for the neck was like one I worked with raising door panels, friction clamped knife head, not for an unskilled hand or the faint of heart. And the lack of respirators...
  3. Well done, legit, full band bluegrass backing tracks

This is mainly a guitar page, but he has recorded several very good bluegrass backing tracks.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIkRWuEjn3VK6hdmRrovJdCKX5r7UlEz_&si=v1yDUZHB0CXGOcYE
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Thoughts on keys.

Tune in question: https://youtu.be/1Ys1Ewa555s?si=u-OKbIC11lI-FLyn
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Thoughts on keys.

Yes I get confused on up down in out left right these days, it’s pretty neat
  6. Re: Most tunes I post to YouTube are 65+ years old

When I was young, people would ask what kind of music I played? I would say "contemporary music."

Now, they ask and I say "oldies." Of course, they are the same songs I've played since the 60's!...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday Mike Compton!!

Wishing him the best birthday from probably the worst student he ever had.
  8. Thread: HOG SOL on SGW

by CarlM
    Replies
    Views

Re: HOG SOL on SGW

To take this even further off the beaten path, a friend of mine whose last name is Wolf worked with a number of Mexicans on a landscaping crew who referred to him as Seņor El Lobo. So it seems in...
  9. Replies
    Views

Agree with jb, failed or unfulfilled love inspires more of my songwriting than happiness -- because when you're happy, you're too busy having fun to write a song. :cool:

I've introduced songs from...
  10. Replies
    Views

Got my ebay Strad-O-Lin today and although the case, alas, doesn’t fit my 2-point SOL (the impetus for bidding), the new mandolin is a nice one. As such, my SAS has quieted slightly and I’ll not be...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Cafe Hat

FYI, we are not the authors of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8MD4HbKYK8
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Cafe Hat

We'd entertain a batch of khaki in the same unstructured style, just because it's a popular color. Those probably won't get here until we're closer to selling out the black ones which are about 60%...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: listing of rock songs w/mando

Great song. Sexton is Dylan and Costello's lead player. A true master of the guitar. That song Sunday Clothes is from circa 1995 on his brilliant solo record Under The Wishing Tree.

"We were...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: playing late and drinking

Bren, yes mate I posted after a "bad" night in the local pub back room with just myself and a concertina player. Felt a bit depressed until I got back home, a few more drinks on a Winter's night sat...
  15. Replies
    Views

My reaction to OP's post was that it was about playing in informal pub sessions or festival jams, rather than paid gigs.
    Since he is in UK, and that's the way it is over here. Often in a pub you can...
  16. Replies
    Views

I think Robert Craft said, All things in moderation, and moderation's the first thing to go.
  17. Replies
    Views

Still, you have to remember that some people take moderation to extremes.;)
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: stolen guitar back after 54 years

I began playing the electric bass guitar in 1966 and in all that time I’ve heard, I’m sure, nearly all the assertions of what the instrument “should” be called. Terms go in and out of fashion, so...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: What is or was this?

I just noticed it says "Gibson" not "The Gibson." Not that it is either...:))
  20. Re: 'Fast Car' Grammy Guitar - connection to Michael Heiden

The recording academy has now released the complete song and original audio. HERE

https://www.grammy.com/videos/tracy-chapman-luke-combs-fast-car-2024-grammys-performance-66th-annual-grammy-awards
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Thile Break his Scroll?

I edited the title so it can be found in a search.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Thili Break his Scroll?

ThilE....sorry.

Now I request an edit subject line feature.
  23. Heres a video we recorded 10ish years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ6SwS7gTLw&list=PLmc3HQWnrPz6v4gCx98jbkaKNgMdoN_Se&index=7
  24. Re: 'Fast Car' Grammy Guitar - connection to Michael Heiden

That was a cool story Luke Combs told about hearing that song all the time in his dad's truck. He recorded it on a lark in the studio (wasn't planned as part of his album) and it became a huge hit...
  25. 'Fast Car' Grammy Guitar - connection to Michael Heiden

If you were watching the Grammys this year, maybe you were as taken as I was by the duet between Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs. There's a good quality clip here:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4