Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue chip picks

I have compared a little. I do not currently own any BlueChips anymore. The Miller's are great and have their own feel and sound though close to BCs. I prefer them to BlueChips on Mandolins and...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue chip picks

Some similar but different material picks to try:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/MillerPicks
  3. Matt Miller Picks - New to the Pick Market - Great pick/price

I have no personal or financial interest. Just FYI.
    I know Matt through Social Media groups and own/use some of his picks.

Matt Miller is making some wonderful new picks at a great price ($20...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Ratliff R5 at Morgan Music

I love my 1998 Ratliff. Great sound and craftsmanship. Only gets better with time and Audey is a great guy. He was great and happy to talk over the phone when I bought mine. Check out his videos on...
  5. Thread: Strap locks.

by jhammond
    Replies
    Views

Re: Strap locks.

Another rubber washer user. It's amazing how great a rubber washer works for a low cost solution. The beer bottle washers, gaskets, some specifically made for guitar strap locks, etc can be found...
  6. Replies
    Views

D’Addario coated string BETA test

FYI ONLY

https://daddario.formstack.com/forms/call_for_beta_testers_daddario_coated_strings

Admin: if the is a duplicate or against any rules please delete
  7. Replies
    Views

New to me 2002 Bob Hamlin F Style

Hamlin Stringed Instruments
    Bloomfield, IN

Just bought this mandolin today. It has been owned by one gentleman who purchased it directly from the builder I am guessing soon after it was...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

I am planning on getting SAMPLER #2 in the mail today or tomorrow to Mr. JSellers.

Added the following 6 picks from my collection:
    V-Pick Freakishly Large (Lite)
    Clayton Acetal 1.9mm
    Dunlop...
  9. Replies
    Views

New Keith Newell Tailpiece

I just want to give a shout out to Keith Newell for his tailpieces. He posted 3 in the classifieds a while back (with $$ donated to the Café). I was too late to get one of those but he made one...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

This is an awesome idea. I would like to be on the list for one of the samplers. I think I can add a few picks from my collection.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: New Horn picks

I have some water buffalo horn picks that I really like. I have a BC CT55 that I think is a little better and prime tones that I like but not as much as the horn. I got them from eBay - Antoniotsai a...
  12. Replies
    Views

Ratliff R5 w/ Block Inlay #747

A couple weeks ago I lucked into this amazing Ratliff mandolin on eBay. I was able to talk with the seller, local shops(Nashville) and Mr. Audey Ratliff himself. Mr Ratliff builds an amazing mandolin...
  13. Replies
    Views

Arnold Cross Mandolins

I just went to visit with Mr. Arnold Cross in Smyrna, TN (about 15 miles south of Nashville). I bought one of his mandolins last summer and love it more today than the day I picked it/fell in love...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Headstocks, just headstocks

I like these old Alvarez headstocks from the 70s. I had one but let it go about a year ago.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Headstocks, just headstocks

My Arnold Cross and my Eastman.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Merry Christmas and armrest question

Here's some pictures to give you an idea of how and why I use them. They may not be totally necessary but they protect my finish very well just in case.
    On the armrest on my...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: I wanna soak up info on strings

I usually use D'Addario J74 Phosphor Bronze Mandolin Medium .011 - .040
    I have also used Elixirs and liked them. I just got a bunch of Martin strings for a real good price so I guess I'll be using...
  18. Replies
    Views

Cross #32 Mandolin

I just picked up my new Mandolin today. Built by Mr. Arnold Cross in Smyrna, TN (just a few minutes from Nashville).
    Her back and sides are Birdseye maple and top is Sitka spruce.
    Arnold does...