Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman MD315 or MD 515?

What a beautiful mandolin!
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD and a little story

There are few things that make me happier than getting to play for someone who appreciates my strumming, whether young or old. It's amazing how even really young kids can be entranced by music,...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: This weeks mandolin that won't get a bid or buyer

I'm still partial to that listing titled simply "A". It's all we needed to know, and so much more.
  4. Re: Looking for information on older F5 style mandolin

While you wait for the expert mandolidentifiers to come out, I suggest you upload a couple of pictures of the body of the mandolin so they can see more of its construction, as that can help them...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Tweed Cases. Really don't need one, but...

That's a beautiful case to match a wonderful mandolin! I love the bright red interior and brown binding (is that what it's called on a case?) Congrats!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of your band!!

I love hearing stories of your escapades down there! We all need to find ways to play with people even through the social distancing. Last week a friend I met on the internet was in town visiting...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Orange is now Watchhouse

I loved Mandolin Orange, and I love Watchhouse now. Their songs are just so darn soulful!
  8. Thread: Nmd

by Reywas
    Replies
    Views

Re: Nmd

The signature here on the cafe is like a relationship status on facebook, but for mandolins.
    Congratulations on the new addition to your signature! I hope you can make beautiful music together.
  9. Replies
    Views

Mandolin scene in Japan

I was reading the republished interview with Caterina Lichtenberg today and saw that she mentioned a strong mandolin community in Japan. I know a bit about mandolin culture in Europe, the UK, India,...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Learning to Jam – A Primer?

As newbie who was lucky enough to start mandolin just as Covid hit, just last week was my first time playing with others. I was wandering back to my apartment after practicing my mandolin when I...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Where’s the easy-does-it method?

I would second fiddle tunes. There isn't really a gentler start than to pick some fiddle tunes from mandolessons.com and learn to pluck them out, especially if you already know other instruments. I...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Another bridge question.

Most violinists say that having less mass in the bridge improves/increases the sound because less energy is wasted wiggling the bridge in order to exert the same effect on the top. It seems to me...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: New instrument selling platform: Tonefind

"Cos'è questa scatola luminosa che mi hai dato ?! Dove sono? Ero morto!" - Vivaldi, upon being shown that mandolins are listed under "folk instruments" on tonefind.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Taking up (a) Mandolin

I took up my mandolin last year about the same time as you. I then quickly set that particular mandolin right down and took up a slightly more expensive and significantly more immersive instrumental...
  15. Re: better practice sessions for a motivated begineer

I'm also fairly new to mandolin, having picked it up about a year ago. The contradictions in learning an instrument are fascinating to me-how I can play a fiddle tune or chord progression that sounds...