Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko's health problems

I happened to be watching old episodes of Mr. Rogers with my daughter the other day, and we randomly watched this episode in which Peter makes an appearance:

https://youtu.be/Q8vj9OBx5II

His...
  2. Replies
    Views

Harmony Chicago History

Chicago History: Harmony

In addition to this page there are some other links that have been on the cafe prior.

https://www.madeinchicagomuseum.com/single-post/2016/11/21/harmony-ukulele

I...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Colorado Case Company status

Merits its own separate discussion, please. Lets not turn this thread into another Blue Chip Pick/Tonerite/Mandolin Capos/Scroll debate melt-down.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: "The Greatest Mandolin Performance Ever"

For me personally it was my performance of the Bach cello suite prelude in D, played on an octave mandolin during a Christmas party in which I had consumed at least two beverages over my limit. ...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Colorado Case Company status

This should permanently put to bed the question whether Colorado Case Company will ever rise again.

We've been having a conversation with a long-time contractor that did work for CCC who shared...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Underrated Players?

I mentioned Ry Cooder as one of the first players to get my attention, which led to Yank Rachel. I've definitely got to get some more Rich DelGrosso on my radar because I love that blues mandolin.
  7. Replies
    Views

One who's well appreciated but not talked about a lot is my other (aside from Dave "Friend of the Devil" Grisman) favorite mando guy, Rich DelGrosso, blues mando's foremost living authority. Thanks...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Harmony Mandolins -- opinions?

I bought one in the BX when I was in the Air Force and stationed at Lackland AFB in San Antonio Texas, paid $24.95 for it and it traveled with me everywhere I went, until the neck pulled loose so I...
  9. Replies
    Views

First off, all older American made Harmony mandolins (pre about 1970) are solid woods. Plus point. There are some imports labeled Harmony that came in after that that are honestly crap ( minus point)...
  10. Replies
    Views

I have a couple that I share with kids or fiends who just want to bang away and see what mandolins are all about. They sound fine, work well (needed some tiny adjustments) but on the whole, 200...
  11. Replies
    Views

Bobby Osborne.
  12. Replies
    Views

This list could on a long time as there are so many really fine mandolin pickers out there and I guess you mean still living but you did mention a few dead ones. So I would add: Dewey Farmer, Herb...
  13. Replies
    Views

Underrated Players?

Start talking about great mandolin players, and immediately you are bombarded with names Like Chris Thile, Sam Bush, Jethro Burns, Dave Grisman, Bill Monroe, etc. But my question is this: Who do...
  14. Replies
    Views

2018 IBMA Mandolin Player of the Year???

Check the sound clips out on this new mandolin release.

:popcorn:
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Hi. You all owe me $1700. Thanks!

You folks get busy sending him the money because there are more needs:

Matching Collings vintage case $765.00
    3 Blue Chip picks $105.00
    Dudenbostel string winder ...
  16. Replies
    Views

Hi. You all owe me $1700. Thanks!

I was PERFECTLY content grabbing an Eastman A5-style for about $800. Perfect for my purposes.

But you lot weren't satisfied. You had to introduce me to other options, considerations, expand my...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Bobby Osborne Profile on NPR

One of the few pictures with Kenny Baker smiling and laughing has Bobby Osborne to one side. I have long felt that Bobby was probably had something to do with the fun and laughter.

18. Replies
    Views

Re: Bobby Osborne Profile on NPR

In the early 1960's, the Osborne Brothers were the first "real" (as opposed to "city-billy") bluegrass band I ever saw, in a Cambridge MA coffeehouse. They were touring as a trio with Benny...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: When to buy?

I don't know about dealers, but used offerings from private sellers often seem to peak during tax season in April.
  20. Strange Museum Find - WWI Helmet-Mandolin

Hello gang, in addition to podcasting about history and music for families, I also work as an educator at The Frazier History Museum in Louisville, KY. Yesterday our curator called me and told me I...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Md615 or save up a little more?

You could get the Eastman, play it while still saving, sell it later for a loss, and then get the Collings (or whatever). Along the way at least a couple things will probably happen: You will...
  22. Re: Hello a newbie soon to be mandolin owner here

I finally scraped the money together and after another test drive of each mandolin the Eastman won my heart. It's being set up and having the CA bridge installed over the next couple days.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite Musician's Instrument

I have a cheap chinese harmonica that was given to me by my "Mrs Robinson" when we had a thing going a long time ago.
    She had been given it by the lead singer in one of the most famous bands ever...
  24. Replies
    Views

Favorite Musician's Instrument

I was just reading a thread on the 'Equipment' forum about Jerry Garcia's guitar selling for nearly $2,000,000 - and I got to wondering . . . how many of us own, (or at one time owned) an instrument...
  25. Replies
    Views

Dawg and Tommy Emmanuel

They just did a Facebook live show. Apparently there's a recording coming out and a tour. That's gonna be GOOD!
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4