Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Back to building kits!!!

I have begun to build my kits again!!! I first started in 2000 at the request to give workshops. It is 2021. I have just retired from 34 years in the public school classroom scene.
    I am now...
  2. Re: Don Kawalek Mandolin Building Workshop, March 25-30, 2018

nope. I sold my last Octave kit and I have one standard kit left.
  3. Re: Don Kawalek Mandolin Building Workshop, March 25-30, 2018

The last Mandolin Workshop. The end of 18 years of bringing more music into the world!!!
    Had a blast. Thanks.
    Don166374
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Kawalek Build Workshop in Virginia

As of now...this will be the last one I will do. I cancelled the one last year because only one person registered. I have two participants this year and I will do it because I do enjoy it!! (thanks...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for bone nut source.

I buy bones from a pet supply place, cut them up and machine them down. Pawstruck.com.
    Don
  6. Replies
    Views

Its been awhile...

I know I have not posted here in a very long time. I just wanted to share my newest build with everyone.
    Don
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Possible Don Kawalek mandola project

I am just waiting on my 17" fingerboard so I can make a jig for future builds and then I can do the neck but here it is so far:
    122557 122558 122559

Don
  8. Replies
    Views

Newly Born Instruments.

The April 2014 Workshop at the 4H Holiday Lake Center in Appomattox was a great success!!! There were 5 participants: 3 Octaves and 2 banjos. One banjo left early so he is not pictured.

Don
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Files for the nut.

It was worth a shot but it didn't work.
    Don
  10. Replies
    Views

Mark your Calendar

I know I used to post on here a lot more that I have. I am still building and still giving workshops and still selling my kits. I was first approached in 2000 to give a workshop in Front Royal. My...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Kawalek Mandolin kit "in the white"

If anyone that has been intimidated doing the routing for the bindings, I have been having them send the body to me and I do the bindings for them. Not a problem.
    Don
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Kawalek Mandolin kit "in the white"

OK...I am going to go out on a limb here and just say WHOLLY SH^%$.
    very nice!!
    Don