Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another CF Mandolin?

Hi Guys, This is Ian Klosowiak, the luthier and engineer here at KLOS. Thanks for all the support and help in spreading the word. We are slowly starting production and dialing in the process and...
  2. Thread: Aged-tone?

by DaveGinNJ
    Replies
    Views

Re: Aged-tone?

I get my aged-tone from being old. I’m not torrified, just naturally old
  3. Re: K&K body noise and picking technique - novice question

Keep the right hand loose and free above the mandolin with the fingers loosely curled.
    There is SO much flexibility when your hand is free to move about. Watch Chris Thile, Sierra Hull and so many...
  4. Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Mark - I also meant to put a baggie of rubber grommets into Sampler 2, but forgot to do so. If you think this fits with the vibe of the sampler, I'll send them to you.
  5. The Flatt Stanley Incident at Fishing Rock Depoe Bay Oregon

Hi mando friends,

A couple of weeks ago we performed at the Oregon coast. We almost always forget to set up recording equipment, but this time someone from our audience recorded us and put it on...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

I anticipate having both samplers in hand presently. I’ll be working with Denis Kearns to make some significant changes to these. I may also be asking for advice or feedback from members here in this...
  7. Replies
    Views

My latest Octave Mandolin

Here’s some photos of my latest Octave Mandolin. It’s off to The Music Emporium next week!211852211853211854
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Non-mando question - singing

“Fits your voice” - No offense intended, Ralph, but IMHO, you are engaging in a Quiotic charging of the the windmills here. There is nothing wrong with playing in a key that “fits your voice.”

9. Replies
    Views

Re: Getting Started in 2024 - What's The Move?

Well friends, I ended up with a mando rather ahead of my anticipated schedule! After playing a handful of Eastmans and Kentuckys locally, a Northfield Calhoun appeared on Craigslist semi-locally. It...
  10. Replies
    Views

Hi Don, Yes, it has bracing on the inside.

@Deblues, the marketing team and sales guys have all the answers for the balance payment stuff... I'm a bit too busy to be involved with all that as...
  11. Replies
    Views

Hi Guys! Ian Klosowiak here, CTO and product designer here at Klos. Thanks for all your support we are very excited about all the pre-orders, and it's thanks to guys like you that allows us to get...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando (and why to quit callin it that...)g

If you're looking for a "modicum of legitimacy"...

If the folks who've built them for the last 150 years want to call them harps, they're harps.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Man....I had a blue guitar...

Here's mine.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD... hopefully today!

https://youtu.be/2c59BWLYhXw?si=1c9jqY9Lfpx29ot7

Blue Mandolin Christmas
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD... hopefully today!

I am over the moon for this Morris A4! It's so beautiful to look at and listen to... the tone is sweet and warm... sparkle-y highs.

Mr. Howard Morris really does build a wonderful Mandolin :)
  16. Re: Any others here that started their mandolin/instrument later

I came to mandolin rather late in life. As an 8 year old kid, I began to play the violin and over a very few years, I became quite good, for a kid. Although I quit taking lessons or playing...
  17. Replies
    Views

Double Stop Lessons

Hello folks. It's been a while since I posted on Mandolin Cafe but I thought some of you would enjoy some of the free resources that I am sharing over on YouTube and my Patreon.

First video in my...
  18. Re: Mandola - Tonedexter Settings & Pickup Questions

That's a good question NDO. I wouldn't know. We have someone that controls the soundboard from an iPad. We've got a TON of mics (Priest, Deacon, two podiums, piano, 2-3 guitar(s), bass, myself and...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I just meant how you say "lower alabama" in your avatar, being where you're from now, not necessarily then. And lord knows I wish media folks would take the time to...
  20. Replies
    Views

TSA mandolin incident

Was flying today and had one of my mandos with me, an f-style, in a soft case.

After it went through the X-ray machine, the TSA agent operating the X-ray said "Sir, what kind of guitar is this?"
  21. Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Sample #1 arrived in Tucson over the weekend.
  22. Thread: Worm holes

by Mark Gunter
    Replies
    Views

Re: Worm holes

Scientific Formula for the optimal number of {G}*:
    ... *{G} is a variable, "gear"; e.g., "mandolins", "picks", etc.

If x = the number of {G} you currently possess, the optimal number of {G}...
  23. Thread: Worm holes

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

Of course not. You need to get 26 more mandolins. That is the most sensible thing.
  24. Thread: Worm holes

by tmsweeney
    Replies
    Views

I told this story before but its relevant so I was playing one of my old Gibson's and the darned A just would not cooperate, so i was looking for the tuner on my desk, checked various shelves, open...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando Deoderant

I hear the 'Bourbon Leather' has been officially endorsed by the Bluegrass Police.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4