Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Rehab Hospital

by Br1ck
    Replies
    Views

Re: Rehab Hospital

You are on the right track. The single best thing that got me through my open heart surgery was picking up my mandolin and pickin a tune. I could hold it off to the side and play for about five...
  2. Thread: Rehab Hospital

by CES
    Replies
    Views

Gary, so sorry to hear! If you think it would work I can send you a guitar strap with a string you could probably slip onto the scroll or tie to the headstock. I don’t have an F style to test it on...
  3. Thread: Rehab Hospital

by sideman
    Replies
    Views

Hello Gary,
    I don't have the type of strap you need but I'd be happy to send you a handful of picks, free of charge.
    D'Andrea's 3 corner 1.5 thick.
    I'll get them in the mail to you.

Hope...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: My new Dudenbostel

I'm sure the Dude makes a nice string winder. Have you ever seen the ones that Nicolo Alessi makes? They look like one of Darth Vader's weapons and perfom like a well tuned Ferrari; aluminum billet...
  5. Replies
    Views

LOL! That's how I felt when Steve Gilchrist sent me a free sample of one of his picks. I was so excited to get anything in the mail from Australia with the name Gilchrist on the package that I...
  6. Replies
    Views

Got you beat! I have 5! 1 Guitar and 1 mandolin peg winders and 3 Lauren Dudenbostel braided straps. ;)
  7. Replies
    Views

I sure fell for it. :))
  8. Replies
    Views

Your title is great click bait.
  9. Re: If you DIDN'T win the MT, what was your actual entry?

Mine was "Polyhymnia" which means "Many Songs, Many Praises" She was one of the 7 muses of greek mythology!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: The winner of the Collings MT2 Giveaway

Thank you all for the congratulations! She's definitely going to a good home. I was so surprised to find my wit has landed me in something other than hot water. :mandosmiley:
  11. Replies
    Views

+1 Eddie, that kinda blows my mind how that entry didnt land on the editing room floor. The contest was great and I applaud the cafe for having it but I have to say, I lost some respect for the site...
  12. Replies
    Views

I don't get why this was even considered:
    "Nigel Tufnel - Nigel was really influenced by Bach and wrote a trilogy in Dm, the saddest of keys called Lick My Love Pump. This Mando would kick ass which...
  13. Replies
    Views

Yeah it would be great to see the top 20 - any chance of this?
  14. Replies
    Views

HUH!!!!!!!!
    What a waste of time! Will Collings market this as their "Lucy"? Good Luck!
  15. Replies
    Views

If this was a lesser mandolin, you wouldn't see the heartfelt emotions being displayed here. Part of the fun is thinking you did your best and being excited by your entry's chances. Sure, there is...
  16. Replies
    Views

I would love to see the remaining entries from the top 20. Great contest, this got a lot of people excited about mandolins. That's what it's all about.
  17. Replies
    Views

Congrats Todd!

Don't forget to post pix and vids!
  18. Replies
    Views

The winners were Lucy, Sunburst Trophy Wife, Nigel Tufnel, Plink Freud, Bach n Blue, PluckN A.

Huh?

When I wrote my entry, I kept in mind what music means to me: mystery, spirituality, a chance...
  19. Replies
    Views

I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in the winning names myself. I put quite a bit of effort into a name that at least tried to tie the mandolin, Bach and CT together in a clever way. Wasn't the...
  20. Replies
    Views

Nigel Tufnel - Nigel was really influenced by Bach and wrote a trilogy in Dm, the saddest of keys called Lick My Love Pump. This Mando would kick ass which echoes Artie Fufkin who had no timing. He...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar forgery / fake Serial # 80263

There's a reason this subject hasn't come up for awhile and the story can now be told.

Someone who wishes to remain anonymous purchased the instrument. Upon receiving it that individual sought...
  22. Thread: Tone Gard

by Mark Seale
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tone Gard

I wasn't sure I would like having the ToneGard on my instrument, but I was certain I didn't like the way the instrument heated up pressed against me in a Texas summer. I got one a few weeks ago and...
  23. Replies
    Views

I play sitting down ~95% of the time. I never really saw the need for a tone gard, though I always appreciated the idea behind it.

Last week I played a show standing up, and had one of the more...
  24. Thread: Tone Gard

by shawnbrock
    Replies
    Views

I took the plunge and went and got one over at First Quality today. As I said, it would be worth $75 to help my posture, (left arm stiffness), and it was worth twice the price to me. It reminds me...
  25. Thread: Too old?

by greenwdse
    Replies
    Views

Re: Too old?

Top Ten Revelations You're An Old Mandolinist

10) You need to rest every time the metronome goes faster than 80
    9) Your belt buckle is almost as high as the third fret
    8) In the band, you're so...
Page 1 of 2 1 2