Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: High marks for Schaller GrandTunes

And,.. higher end tuners Really put a premium on the peg head hole spacing accuracy ..

Bought a Mix A5 , prior owner fitted Waverly tuners.. but , undisclosed, the seller force fit them...
  2. Replies
    Views

I wouldn't recommend them for that application. For the price of the Grandtunes and a pro install (it would require considerable redrilling) you could just move up to the Eastman 505 and get a far...
  3. Replies
    Views

Beginner song list?

I really did try the search function but it doesn't seem to find my word choices.

I would like to start with some tame songs that I can find music/tab for that is not blue grass standards. It's...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Cocaine and Rhinestones

I have no personal connection or vested interest in the podcast. I am sharing information about a podcast that I first heard about through the Cafe and that a lot of posters here have really...
  5. Replies
    Views

Cocaine and Rhinestones

I did not realize Tyler Mahan Coe had started making new episodes of the Cocaine and Rhinestones podcast. I just got notification of a new one about George Jones and Tammy Wynette. Looking at his...
  6. Re: Is the Eastman 505 all that much better than the 305?

I could swear that the 300 series used to have the same Pingwell tuners as the 500 and 600 series, but now the 300s have cheaper Prolines. In either case, you can swap in Grovers easily-no need to...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: China mandolin supply

Increasing reliance on offshore makers to meet domestic needs guarantees situations like this. We get lower costs, but becomes consumers and not producers and give away any ability to provide for...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Nother newbie

Welcome to our wild, wacky world. Be prepared for a lot of fun, sore fingers, frustration and woodshedding to learn new tunes. Remember, this is supposed to be fun.
  9. Concert with the legendary Ray Legere and JP Cormier!

I really enjoyed watching this and I hope you all will too. Not to mention that beautiful Nugget A model sounds so sweet...

Best,
    Dem

https://youtu.be/eEify4yrW-Q
  10. Replies
    Views

I've been severely tempted by these tuners as a replacement for my 2002 F-9's Schallers. The only reason I've held off is that I read lots about proper installation including proper spacing and also...
  11. Ellis Deluxe Mandolin #110 - scam sales on eBay and elsewhere

Ellis Mandolins asked me to post information about one of their creations that has been making the rounds on eBay at auction. The mandolin keeps appearing on eBay accounts that have been hacked so...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Drop - in tuner upgrade for Eastman 305?

Not a 305 owner who did this for you to say from experience..

I'll Refer you to Stew Mac .. they offer dimensioned drawings to match your own carefully done measurements ..
    (the blue...
  13. Replies
    Views

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Just wanted to express my thanks directly to all the Cafe´members who make this site a daily "must-visit" for me, and to Scott T and the moderators for keeping it civil, informative, pleasantly...