Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: String quality on used instruments in stores?

It seems like a no-brainer that stores should put new strings on instruments so they sound better so people want to buy them, but it doesn’t work out that way. Every set of strings you add eats into...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Preamp for K&K pickup?

I’ll second this. Only gigged with it once so far but it handled a banjo and mandolin excellently.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New Jam Session Advice

If someone wants to skip their break, their turn to lead a song, or sit out from playing for a while let them. I’ve been to jams that are too sensitive about including everyone equally, so they end...
  4. Re: Spending most of my money on a mandolin, now for a good guita

I second DougC’s comment about Larrivees. I bought a D03R ten years ago thinking I’d end up getting something nicer down the line but the guitar just keeps sounding better and better.

Another...
  5. Re: If you had to begin your mandolin journey again from the star

It took a long time to realize that 30 minutes everyday is worth so much more than a three hour session once a week.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Copyright Question

Whether something infringes on someone's copyright is also dependent on Fair Use (or Fair Dealing here in Canada). The creator of a work has the right to copy a work (copyright) but everyone has the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Copyright Question

Copyright is automatically granted to the creator of a work as soon as the work is created. There are myths around this like that if you send a copy of something through the mail that somehow does...