Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Travis picking on four strings

A neighbour has recently told me about the travis picking system. I looked it up on YT, and found mostly guitar videos. I found one mandolin video, but it assumed that its viewers already knew...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: So I bought a keyboard ...

I have been sitting cross-legged on the floor trying to learn a simplified version of Fur Elise on my keyboard. I feel like Schroeder.
  3. Replies
    Views

Smoke on the Water

I have been trying to work out how to play Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple on my mandolin, and the best I have so far come up with is this:

Iconic riff: D2 D5 A0 D2 D5 A2 A0 D2 D5 A0 D5 D2...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Bringing scales to life

It is standard mandolin tablature. Does anyone else have trouble interpreting it?

It is a pentatonic scale in G, and begins logically with the G strings played open. The next note is the G...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Hand going numb

Have you tried chiropractic? It should help your overall wellbeing, although the stiff hand may well clear up of its own accord.
  6. The mandolin is more than just a folk instrument

I recently saw an English folk quartet in concert. One member of the group played guitar and mandolin. I asked another group member how he decided which instrument to play on each song. She...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Magazine Ceases Publication

It is not just traditional print that is vulnerable. Websites are too. I have in the past followed websites which were eventually taken down or cocooned.

Websites are less expensive and less...