Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Second chord in Old Home Place

Thanks for the explanation!

I am not versed on theory, only enough to know that B7 falls out of the standard harmonized major scale. I wasn't aware of the secondary dominant concept, but it makes...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Strum Machine vs iRealPro

Strong preference for Strum Machine. The quality is higher, simple efficient interface, lots of songs that you dont need to track down, seamless syncing across platforms and sharing with friends.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Clip On Tuners / What Cha Got ?

I keep a handful of D'addario micros on hand. I usually get the ones that screw onto the tuners. Can't even see them from the front, no marks on the headstock finish.
  4. Replies
    Views

Speed: Missed Notes and feeling

Hey Guys,

Does anyone else feel bluegrass mandolin playing at high tempos, especially live, often has a large amount of missed notes and can lack "feeling".

Generally I enjoy guitar, banjo,...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis Through the Years

I purchased it!

Anyone want to buy a lefty D28, LSL bad bone, or Fender Princeton special edition?! :-D
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Hill Country Stringworks

I ordered a lefty ebony for my MT.

LOVE IT. It is so much more comfortable to play, can't believe I waited so long.

As a side note, I leave it on when putting the mandolin in the gold hardware...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: The Mandolins and Beer Podcast

Nice! As a professional brewer, a hobby mandolinist, and podcast lover, this checks a lot of boxes!
  8. Thread: Ryman Blues

by starrbri
    Replies
    Views

Re: Ryman Blues

This is how young people enjoy concerts. If standing brings them into a bluegrass night, that is great for bluegrass. If the gals are tagging themselves on facebook at a bluegrass event, that is...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: My 1st jam session

I grew up in Owosso and lived in Lansing for a number of years. There is a great weekly old time jam in East Lansing, called the Pretty Shakey String Band. They are very welcoming to newbs, like...