Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Effortless Mastery - Tips for Playing in the Zone

I have been playing instruments for 20+ years at varying levels of dedication and proficiency; and only in the last year found the recommendation to read Effortless Master by Kenny Werner when I...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Luither in Seattle Area

Thanks - I know Dusty Strings has changed their policy to only repair instruments they sold or instruments you plan on selling through them.

I've reached out to Gary Wanger who was highly...
  3. Replies
    Views

Illustrated Mandolin Chord Bible

As some of our members here know already, I began working on an illustrated book of mandolin chords several years ago. Lifestyle changes and projected publishing costs put a damper on the project,...
  4. Replies
    Views

A major update to the Builder Database

Over the past three weeks we've worked through a major overhaul of the Builder Database that was launched on this site July 29, 1996. An eye opening experience worth sharing what we learned.

Mea...
  5. Replies
    Views

R.I.P Roland White

Roland White April 23rd, 1938, April 1, 2022

one of the New Kentucky Colonels, played guitar with Bill Monroe, and with Lester Flatt, and as a member of the Nashville Blue Grass Band.

its a...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Roland White death?

RIP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LkrIamJqTM
  7. Replies
    Views

How's She Lookin' Now?

The Well Worn F2 has some new finery! Me and my mando took a trip up to Jake Wildwoods yesterday to fix her up in her fancy new duds.

Hey, I think putting on the new (old) Handel tuners made her...
  8. Replies
    Views

Chord Charts and Progressions

Hey all - So I recently broke my ankle and have had a LOT of free time on my hands. I figured I'd make the most and write up some reference material and exercises for students etc.

I started...
  9. Replies
    Views

Sierra Hull, Cory Wong + The Wongnotes

:disbelief:

https://youtu.be/JOsJShHBslM

Dem
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Going from scooped to unscooped fingerboard

I have not, but I know that I stopped `digging in' and using anything but the slightest edge of a pick when I went with super-thick picks --- mainly the 3.5 mm ultra thick wegens [dawg or other...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: midi keyboard | off top

Are you sure you are in the right forum?
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Cafe Classified

Many dealers are Cafe sponsors. Filtering them out of queries wouldn't make much sense for the Cafe.
  13. Replies
    Views

It's not a big deal to me as I like to see those stores inventory (especially used) anyway.
  14. Thread: Cafe Classified

by Ranald
    Replies
    Views

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to contact Scott, the site owner, and discuss this with him.
  15. Replies
    Views

The Cafe would have to add a field to the classified ad form—Check this box if you are a dealer—and then add the capability for users to filter their searches for that field.

Not sure how much...
  16. So nice to hear and see these guys playing together again.

Hopefully this link works....

eZ6m3sK8o6o

Edit. I used the embedded "You Tube" icon. Looks like it escaped me.
  17. Thread: Plectrums

by DavidKOS
    Replies
    Views

Re: Plectrums

Buzzing sounds can be caused by a number of things. Have you checked for any loose windings on the strings? also check the bridge, nut, frets themselves - and be accurate in how you fret the...
  18. 5 Thoughts On The Right Hand And Fast Picking

Just a quick video I made for the start of the new year on the right hand and working up speed.

TKQfLbidNmg

If you have any burning mandolin questions let me know, i want this new video series...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Thoughts on abbreviated pickguards

I liked the abbreviated style, 5 - 5 1/4” x 2”. A midsize is good to, 5 1/4” x 2 1/8” - 2 1/4”. Pins and or screws are sufficient alone, without a side bracket, to securely hold the pg in place
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Sonny Osborne passes

Saw the Osborne Brothers live and up-close at Club 47 off Harvard Square, probably 1963 or '64. They were working as a trio with Benny Birchfield on guitar; obviously cashing in on the "folk...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Sonny Osborne passes

Sad news... another Bluegrass legend has passed. Not only a fantastic musician, but a hell of an intelligent, decent and funny man. I'll miss him...
  22. Replies
    Views

Sonny Osborne passes

Sonny Osborne passed away this afternoon at 1:30. Another giant of bluegrass music gone.

https://bluegrasstoday.com/sonny-osborne-passes-a-giant-in-bluegrass-music/
  23. Re: What are your thoughts on Deering Tenor Banjos

I should add: yes, it's heavier than any of my other banjos though the neck is not at all chunky. The mass is all in the pot, and there's no wasted energy to support the neck while playing. -- Paul
  24. Re: What are your thoughts on Deering Tenor Banjos

I have a 17-fret Sierra which I like very much, tuned CGDA; I have a 19-fret Gibson TB3 tuned GDAE, which I'm more likely to reach for for my usual Celtic melodies. I use my CGDA instruments to play...
  25. Re: What are your thoughts on Deering Tenor Banjos

I bought my first tenor banjo, a 17 fret Goodtime, from Bedford Banjo about three years ago. I think I paid $300 for it. It was a great starter after several years of five string. It had heavy...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4