Search:

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Sad news - Jesse McReynolds passes

Bluegrass today just released a statement saying Jesse McReynolds is under hospice care and isn’t expected to live much longer.
    Sad news, one of the greats to say the least, that just leaves Bobby...
  2. New original instrumental tune out today "Man in a Balloon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bO-dTVdk0w
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Spinal Tap - Stonehenge

An anniversary so important in the history of mandolin it has few equals, so we celebrate today.

March 2, 1984 - Mockumentary This is Spinal Tap released featuring the hilarious mandolin-themed...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

some might say neither can I...

I liken it to Piazzola , its in its own genre and while widely respected its not played as much as other contemporary forms, the die-hard listening and performing...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: David Crosby has left us

<<<CONT'D>>>

I'LL ASK YOU JUST ONE QUESTION ABOUT THE ORIGINAL BYRDS. TELL ME HOW IT FELT WHEN YOU FIRST HEARD SONGS LIKE "PSYCHODRAMA CITY" AND "IT HAPPENS EACH DAY" CRAWLING OUT OF THE VAULTS...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Rest in peace - Bob Page has passed

RIP. I never had any correspondence with Bob, but I always enjoyed the instruments he posted in the classifieds. Some cool and obscure instruments.
  7. Replies
    Views

Rest in peace - Bob Page has passed

Posting this on behalf of a friend of the family. As many of you are aware, Bob Page was a frequent name in the Classifieds and posted a lot of instruments and was a true friend to the mandolin...
  8. Thread: Hilburn F5

by Jim Hilburn
    Replies
    Views

Re: Hillburn F5

No problem. I’m just glad I didn’t have another L to have to cut out on the inlay.
  9. Replies
    Views

Couldn't detect the hand injury-- but you know how you played prior. Sounds great! Sorry about the accident and here's wishing you continued healing. Your playing will surely help, Old Growth. That...
  10. Article: New Music from Acoustic Disc - Dave Apollon Complete Rec

You can view the page at https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content/890-New-Music-from-Acoustic-Disc-Dave-Apollon-Complete-Recordings-1960-1965
  11. Replies
    Views

����������

BZHo6wn5c6s

����������
  12. Replies
    Views

I'd say mission accompilshed! You and that Pava sound wonderful and and inspire us all...:mandosmiley:
  13. Replies
    Views

A little Bach anyone? My humble effort despite Parkinson’s causing my coordination gradually to degrade. I had fun working on this and the video was a goal I made for myself several years ago. ...
  14. Replies
    Views

Ashokan Farewell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAZbPGovMOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAZbPGovMOI
  15. Replies
    Views

More foot-tappers. Hope you guys all enjoy this Northumberland tune as much as I did playing it.
    Lot of traffic in the background but the recorder, a Zoom H6 seems to have reduced it quite a bit.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Dudenbostel 2-point

Bob....I don't know where you heard that I had plans to retire. That's NOT my plan. I have stopped taking custom orders but will continue to build what I want on my own schedule, then offering them...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Dave Peters

Unfortunately, nowhere to purchase either, although you can stream AIA on Take's bluegrass channel.

https://youtu.be/67LNck_WB90
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: High Country Snows- Dan Fogelberg

Arrggh! You're reminding me that I haven't listened to it 10 years, maybe more. So now its something ELSE that I have to find around here!
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield mandolins - USA or China made?

About 30-40 years ago we began seeing instruments made in China arriving at a music store near you. They were poorly made and the wood was terribly green when they used it. They did not cost much,...
  20. Replies
    Views

Who cares??? An item as personal as a musical instrument should be evaluated on its own merits, regardless of its country of origin. If you were offered an original signed Loar (USA) or Stradivari...
  21. Replies
    Views

Yup. Stan and Lily Werbin were just on the Mandolins and Beer podcast, and they talked about that mando. Apparently, quite a few former Elderly repair people are now working in Northfield's...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Holding on to your personal Holy Grail mandolin

My Gibson 2003 Gibson DMM. I will never own another mandolin. Hard to believe we have been mates for nearly 20 years.
  23. Re: Holding on to your personal Holy Grail mandolin

I have two. The first is a mandolin I built in 2001 based on a combination of a Lyon & Healy bell shaped tiple and style A mandolin. The second is a Girouard F-5 #83 built in 2014.

24. Re: Holding on to your personal Holy Grail mandolin

25. Re: Holding on to your personal Holy Grail mandolin

God knows I've been through many of mandolins but something about those darn Halsey's really got me by surprise. One is a 2007 and the other is a 2012 build. I also have a Campanella is pretty darn...
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4