Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Worship Music

This typo got me wondering....if you use a capo on a mandolin in church is it a chrutch?
  2. Re: Differences in Tonewood Within Same Species?

:popcorn:
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Just have to brag!

Not trying to "start" anything. My thought on reading this thread was that it was an odd use of the word "brag" and expressed that thought. Unfortunately, there are people such as yourself who have...
  4. Thread: Wd-40

by mandolirius
    Replies
    Views

Re: Wd-40

What I heard him say is that he uses it to deal with sticky strings from humidity changes, not to prolong string life. He did mention he used to put a new set on before every show, so I don't think...
  5. Re: How many hours per week do you usually practice / play ?

Ten to twelve hours a day.....unless I get ambitious.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: [Loar Update] I'm a proper idiot.

You say that like it's a good thing. ;)
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: [Loar Update] I'm a proper idiot.

I have to confess to taking a bit of guilty pleasure seeing this brand bashed so often. I have always hated the name. There's a place for all levels of instruments in the market. The availability of...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Red Diamond

Guaranteed it will sound better than your truck.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Pegasus Cases ??

Why?
  10. Re: what was/is your biggest problem as a beginner?

I know....I've done it!
  11. Re: Who plays an A style in bluegrass or even old time music?

I wonder why you felt it necessary to include that last sentence. I read a certain amount of comments/complaints on these boards about people looking down, especially in bluegrass, on those who play...
  12. Re: pleasant surprise (offshoot of the Monteleone mandolins threa

"Although I'm not surprised by the fact that the " cheaper " instruments in this comment sound equally as good and are as playable ."

Really? If that were the case, the market for those...
  13. Re: pleasant surprise (offshoot of the Monteleone mandolins threa

You're missing his point. You said:

<I don't play much bluegrass per se and I wouldn't mind a sound that's a little rounder, warmer than a full-on bluegrass mando. (I suppose I do have an idea...
  14. Re: Is it just me or is a Banjo an obnoxious sounding

You're simply being tiresome. That anyone who posts to a thread has no right to criticize or even add a mild rebuke has been said many times before. It's ridiculous perspective, illogical in the...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Newbie tuner question

Both strings in the pair should be in unison and you do tune each one separately.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: melody / hot licks

Totally disagree. The speed isn't anything beyond what the Monroe Bros. were doing 75 years earlier. I might take issue with the weird improv section but not the tempo.
  17. Re: VIDEO: The Andy Statman Trio - The Arkansas Traveler

It's a shame more people can't think like that. I'm always amazed by the absolute rigidity some folks exhibit around here. A Statman video always elicits that type of reaction. Some people can't...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Strung like a horse. Glad

You didn't do yourself any favours with the "oh yeah, well they have management and a slick website and btw, where's your next gig, LOL" kind of stuff. There's no point in posting something unless...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: The end of civilization

If this thread was meant to inspire folks to join the OP in a hearty round of accordion-bashing, I'd say it's been a spectacular failure.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: The end of civilization

If this thread was meant to inspire folks to join the OP in a hearty round of accordion-bashing, I'd say it's been a spectacular failure.
  21. Re: Is there a place for percussion talent in BG-inspired music?

No, they couldn't.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar Center Visit

<Sounds like the basic qualifications for a FAQ>

That suggestion's been made many times and the answer has always been a firm "no".

<Also there seems to be an assumption in your statement...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar Center Visit

I can take a crack at what some people are perceiving as negativity on this thread. I think it's actually more weariness than anything else. Over the past couple of years, a lot more people seem to...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Probably a silly question...

Already been some. Ignore any posts that advocate the use of multiple fingers or contain platitudes like "what ever works for you, etc.". I used to play with the three-finger grip and made it work...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip Picks Wow!

What always baffles me is the resentment expressed by some non-BC users. They cry "all hype" and "shill" etc. but I can't figure out what they're complaining about. If a Fender or a Dunlop works...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4