Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: I Had A Brush With Greatness

Whenever I'm hangin' with Paul, Ringo, Mick, Keith, and all my other friends, one of us invariably mentions that name-dropping is so uncool....:))
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile: Too Many Notes!!

Let's raise a toast to those who have fallen.
  3. Re: VIDEO: The Andy Statman Trio - The Arkansas Traveler

Andy is still my favorite player just because you can't categorize him. Not very many can match his playing, and even fewer his inventiveness. With Andy, don;t worry about what the title of a tune...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Strung like a horse. Glad

I totally get what you are saying, and I take responsibility when I get out of line.

I know there are a lot of good players on here, way better than i will ever be, but there are also a lot of...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: melody / hot licks

It never "should" anything. Listening to music is not an act of reasoning.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Suits in Bluegrass

I don't like to wear suits and I loathe ties. I don't go to concerts expecting a costume party on stage, just good music and good interaction with the audience. If people want to wear suits, that's...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Better to ____ than to ____

"practice" than "suck"
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip Picks Wow!

I can see how those who don't like or use Blue Chips could easily get tired of seeing these long threads arise on a regular basis. I just waded through these last 4 pages and read pretty much what I...
  9. Re: Christina Applegate playing a Collings on Jay Leno

I think that all Scott was getting at is there at times is a bit of overly critical posting that goes on here at times.....(well in my opinion and sometimes I am in that camp).......just like this...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Using lessons as discipline

Ha Ha! Sorry jbrwky. Merry Christmas. Yep, time to pick again.

Just got annoyed by the usual exchanges:

Q: What's the best mustard to put on a ham sandwich?

A-1: I use ketchup!

A-2: ...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Capo conspiracy?

No. No. CeeCee actually said, "I've repeatedly noted that mandolin players very rarely use a capo. I could come up with any number [of] silly theories, but could it come down to 'Capos? We don'...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Upgraded Fender Mando Strat

http://www.moongazermusic.com/
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: "Opening-up", Myth or Fact?

It should sound good out of the box, and if it doesn't, it's not a good mandolin. And one should never buy a poor sounding mandolin in the hopes that it will sound good later, of course. But even...
  14. Re: "What Did Bill Monroe Invent?"-- from another forum

Especially considering Rinzler's death from AIDS in 1994.
  15. Re: "What Did Bill Monroe Invent?"-- from another forum

Old Sausage said "Well, that's why I was interested in examples, because it's very hard to pin down. My take on what happens is that a bunch of people bumble along doing what they do for as long as...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Building Hand Strength

Doc Zac doesn't teach people how to hold their instrument nor will he get them to relax enough to see just how little strength it takes. Neither will the hand gym.
    It is important not to make...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Bumper Snicker Ideas?

Glad to know I'm not the only one bothered by that particular bit of slang.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Minor Chord Shapes in Bluegrass

If it is offered as friendly advice, then I accept as friendly advice. Thank you, mandolirius.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: On performance and anxiety

It is all about ownership of reality. Never ask: How do they experience my playing? What do they hear?
    The simple answer is: you'll never know, and it's unimportant. You are playing, and this is...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: The winner of the Collings MT2 Giveaway

With all due respects to those folks who are claiming sour grapes - there has been and there continues to be a great amount of appreciation displayed by Cafe-users with regards to this contest. All...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: The winner of the Collings MT2 Giveaway

I am hesitant to respond to this thread again after being the second person who expressed disappointment with the choice of the judges. Again, let me say "disappointment"... and I think I can speak...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: the mandolin in bluegrass?

Whoa big fella, whoa.

I love Tony Rice, and Ronnie McCoury. They are great musicians and I listen to them often. What would make you think from anything that I wrote that I thought lesser of...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Curative Talk For a True Life - Discussion

Couldn't disagree more. If including details about the personal life, of the subject of a biography, makes it "trash," then most of the bios I've read have been "trash."

While Can't You Hear Me...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: What the heck is "woody sound?"

Woody may be hard to describe in words, but if you hear (and play) enough mandolins, you'll know exactly what it is when you hear it. It's simply a function of exposure to mandolin music until you...
  25. Re: Here you go boys...... just what you have dreamed always abou

Either his timing is off on the fast triplets, or I need a pacemaker.
Page 1 of 2 1 2