Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: DI for K&K pickup?

I've gone down this rabbit hole way too many times in my life, and I've tried almost all of the DI's mentioned above with one major exception: the Redeye. I need to buy one just to see what all of...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: What Preamp Do You Prefer

Hey guys, I just wanted to report back after using the Alix live this weekend. I'll try to keep this short.

The Alix is definitely the best DI I've used to date in terms of overall clarity, and...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Necks Consistent?

I've had quite a few Eastman mandolins, and I had the same issue with some of them. I had a 2006 615 that I loved the sound of, but it hurt my hand to play.

My observation has been that the older...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Recommendations For Headphones?

I agree with some of the other comments here. The Sony MDR7506 are great headphones. I've used quite a few others in different studios, but I've never found anything worth the extra cost over the...
  5. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

Try running straight into your Helix. Use the Mic Pre, along with an EQ block, and a compressor (LA Comp is my favorite). From there you can add whatever effects you like. I usually use the spring...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Buying without being able to play

I live close to Nashville, so I have been fortunate to play a lot of great mandolins. Some of those were very expensive ($20k+), but I still find Northfields to be incredibly good mandolins....
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Struggling with Eastman V-neck

I had a very nice Eastman 615 for a while, but the neck was always a problem for me. I believe it was a 2007 model, and the neck profile felt a bit too narrow, and too sharp (in the V) for my hands....
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings Vs. Northfield Vs. Kelley

After reading all of the comments here, and a few older articles on the Cafe, I have decided to get the used Kelley.

Like some here have mentioned, I like the idea of supporting smaller builders,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Got me an Eastman MD315...

Eastmans are a great value in general, but the 315 is hard to beat for a first "serious" mandolin. Great choice for a step up. That mandolin should serve you well!

Congratulations, and happy...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Tortoise shell pick alternative

I think you'll be very happy with the Dunlop Primetone picks. I agree that they feel and sound very similar to the real thing. I used Blue Chip picks for a while, but now I use the Dunlop...