Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson F-9 sinking top

I've told this story here before, but I will repeat it for this posting. 25 or so years ago I worked at a big vintage guitar shop and the Dawg noticed I was working on a snakehead and he came over...
  2. Red Carpet Waltz ( Pava A4 vs Collings MT2 )

Here's a little comparison video. Using a clean Tascam DR7 as a microphone into a DSLR. Thanks for the Listen!:mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwM7Abmdnxc
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings Mandolin Case in Md

The cases from this era badged as "Collings" cases have better hardware. They also don't distort (meaning they don't get out of shape" like the ones with the silver latches.

Around 2010...
  4. Gibson K5 mandocello unicorns and fairy dust

A good friend of mine shared a few photos of this sweet Loar era Gibson K5 mandocello that was in for a bit of restoration work.

I'd like to keep him, the instrument, and the owner undisclosed...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Boston Area Refrets and repairs?

Glenn Nelson at Mockingbird Music in Berlin MA.
    He did a fabulous job setting up my A4 with banjo frets and an adjustable bridge.
  6. Replies
    Views

Sorry to not have responded earlier. I’ve had Bill Tippin refret both my 1920 Gibson A. and my 1924 A2z. He did a great job on both!
  7. Replies
    Views

Never use him again.
  8. Replies
    Views

When I was living in the Boston area, I used Jon Mouradian for a set up...that was the last time.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Fret Material / Type Differences

Which stainless steel alloy? Temper? Hardness of EVO, its hardness? Etc.
    To anyone who makes stuff, the seemingly complete opacity on this one, simple issue is pretty weird. Wouldn’t be acceptable...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Calhoun case?

My Calhoun fits nicely in an SKB 80A case.
  11. Replies
    Views

Glenn Nelson http://www.mockingbirdmusic.com/ is listed on the Mandolin Camp North site. He's done repairs and setups there in the past.
  12. Replies
    Views

I was going to recommend you contact the music exchange but you’re already on top of that
  13. Replies
    Views

Yukon (Robert Stubblebine) in Somerville is excellent. I bet he's pretty busy though.
  14. Replies
    Views

TME has a few luthiers they use. There’s a guy right in Natick they use. You might also want to contact Max Girouard. If you are looking for refret work I’d suggest him. He’s doing a lot of...