Search:

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Tab vs. Dots

by tonyw
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tab vs. Dots

Music theory isn't a set of rules you follow to make music, it's a description of the music, and a language for describing music. The theory comes from the music, not the other way round.
  2. Replies
    Views

Mr and Mrs MacLean of Snaigow

Here is a version of Scottish musician and composer Dougie MacLean's lovely air written for his parents. I have recorded this along with my great friend and playing colleague Janine Ashall who takes...
  3. Rhonda Vincent Ozark Music Shoppe Performances 17 min of awesome

almost as good as being there,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxrTWE7v7Dk
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Molly Tuttle On Tour

Well, that was an excellent experience! Molly and the gang were all excellent - no surprise - but I learned something I couldn't have just from one song heard here and there - she is funny, and smart...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Dickey Betts

HAThpcLWjBQ
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Dickey Betts

RIP Dicky Betts.

Still no mando content, this at least shows how widespread his music became.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIuV9TkKRjA&t=4s
  7. Replies
    Views

The Peeler and the Goat

Here's a lovely slide that I first learned on the concertina from Cormac Begley. I was messing around with it this morning in a few different keys and discovered I really like it in C minor on the...
  8. Ashlee Andrew and Andrew Small(? Halsey mandolin) March 14, 2024

another thread showcased these musicians and i found this, lots of mandolin from the getgo-i have no idea if Andrew is playing the same mandolin or if it is a Halsey-gut check says it probably is....
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Aficionados

Greeting all! Weber instruments were built in Montana from its start in 1997 to 2012 and then in Bend Oregon from 2012 to present. No imports were ever created under the Weber name. Really...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Suggestions for a wedding march

BTDT, only one suggestion, don't go back to the bride with choices!
  11. David Surette Mandolin Festival! May 3-5, 2024 in Concord, NH

Hi everyone!

Isa Burke here, daughter of Mandolin Cafe hero David Surette, to spread the word about this year's David Surette Mandolin Festival! As many of you know, over 20 years ago my dad...
  12. Replies
    Views

Back To Back

I was going through a few boxes of LPs that I hadn’t looked at for a few decades, and found a real jewel - Back To Back, by Jethro Burns and Tiny Moore. It was unopened for some reason. What an...
  13. Replies
    Views

The Sounds of Silence

For whatever reason, this song popped into my head last night, so I decided to work up a simple little solo arrangement of it on my mandola this morning. As absolutely gorgeous as this melody is, it...
  14. Replies
    Views

And another...

https://www.nkforsterguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/irish-bouzouki-1024x632.jpeg

Another bouzouki heading off to the USA in a couple of days. Video to follow...
  15. Thread: lamps

by Gibsonman
    Replies
    Views

lamps

I guess I am putting this in the right section. Here are 3 lamps I made just wanted to see how you folks like them.212827 212828
  16. Replies
    Views

Frank Zappa quote

“Anything played wrong twice in a row is the beginning of an arrangement”

I must be an arranging master by now! :mandosmiley::mandosmiley::mandosmiley:
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: On the Waiting List with Austin Clark

I've had a full day with it now and man, what an instrument.

I'm not as storied or worldly as some other Cafe members, and I do not have a myriad of experience with other high end mandolins....
  18. Re: John Paul Jones - Big Ears Festival 3/22/24

Going to California

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbOoDKhuCF0
  19. Joe K. Walsh and Andrew Marlin: “Cody Road”

https://www.pegheadnation.com/featured-videos/back-room/joe-k-walsh-and-andrew-marlin-cody-road/?utm_source=Infusionsoft&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=PegheadPost2024Mar21&utm_content=ContentPerf...
  20. Jimi Hendrix: Angel (instruction to come shortly)

I first recorded by arrangement of Jimi Hendrix's Angel in 2006. This is setting the stage for multiple YouTube lessons on how to play it. It will also be central to some of the instruction I will...
  21. Replies
    Views

The Gibson Factory in Kalamazoo

I just happened across this brief youtube video thanks to their autosuggestion function. It's only a couple of years old and includes some interesting information. For one thing, it mentions plans by...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Keeping up with the Fiddlers

This is an interesting concept that a few people here have alluded to, and so it bears consideration. I have always heard previously that one should start slow and that if you try to speed up before...
  23. Replies
    Views

Oregon Jamboree on May 19

Workshops are open for registration at no charge with support from a grant from the City of Wilsonville. Wilsonville is just south of Portland.
  24. Replies
    Views

W. Eugene Smith: The Jazz Loft

I went to a talk W. Eugene Smith gave in Louisville KY on his documentary photo work of the effects of industrial pollution in Japan just before he died. I had no idea of his connection to the jazz...
  25. Well done, legit, full band bluegrass backing tracks

This is mainly a guitar page, but he has recorded several very good bluegrass backing tracks.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIkRWuEjn3VK6hdmRrovJdCKX5r7UlEz_&si=v1yDUZHB0CXGOcYE
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4