Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: 1942 Levin Mandolin Banjo

Thanks, I think I'll try this, although I also emailed the seller and asked which string gauge is the instrument currently using. Let's see what he has to say...

Glad to hear the price sounds...
  2. Replies
    Views

Last song of the year!

Hi everyone,

I just finished a song using mandolin, octave mandolin, guitar and a few other instruments. Hope you enjoy it!

Best,

Isaac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k4b8OuDjI0
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass in catalan

Hey kwd,

The video is still up, under the name of "Al Ras Band" -a band made for a festival that never happened because of Covid. Thanks for asking!

5zUIFsqs_HI
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass in catalan

Wow, James!!!

I'm baffled and honored that you took the time to Google-translate the song! And I have to say, you and Google did a pretty good job! Now that you went into it, let me contribute...
  5. Replies
    Views

First song of our new band - Woodspell

Hi there!

I'm super happy to share with you the first song of a band we've been trying to start for about a year now. We're called Woodspell and this first song is called Kanda Sunset.

Thanks...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: My New Baby

Beautiful, congratulations!
  7. Thread: New music

by Isaac Casas
    Replies
    Views

Re: New music

Hey Roberto!! Beautiful songs, as always! By the way, I have tickets for your gig on the 1rst of May in Barcelona, third row!! :)
    And it'll be the first concert I'll be attending since Covid started...
  8. Replies
    Views

Bluegrass in catalan

Hi!

Here's the link to a bluegrassy song that I wrote, which lyirics are written in catalan (the language from Catalunya, north-east of Spain). It's just a silly and humorous song about the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: 10 Finnish folksongs play along.

Beutiful songs, Toomas, and beautifully played! I'll definitely check the pdf, thank you!
  10. Replies
    Views

My new and first electric mandolin!

Boy oh boy! I unexpectedly got an Eastwood Mandostang for Christmas and I'm having a blast! For some reason, I jumped right into playing jazz standards (I used to study jazz guitar back in the day)...
  11. Got to play mando -online- with Chris Luquette and Jake Schepps!

Hello everyone,

It seems like I got an early Christmas gift! Through shared friends (Lluís Gómez and Maribel Rivero) I got to play online with two of my bluegrass heroes: Chris Luquette and Jake...
  12. Re: Slonimksy's Thesaurus of Scales and Melodic Patterns

I studied my fair share of music books back in the day (harmony, melody, composition...) and had never heard of this one, thanks so much! And I'm a Zappa hardcore fan, so it is much appreciated! :)
  13. A take on Tipsy Gipsy (clarinet included!)

Hello everyone!

Here's a take on Mr. Grisman's awesome Tipsy Gisy where I'm playing mandolin. It should have been one of the songs we were supposed to play during a concert this next weekend but,...
  14. Re: President Garfield's Hornpipe - Writing a variation to the me

Thank you! By the way, Rob, I've been using your ebook as a reference guide for my mandolin since I started playing -around 6 years ago. It's been an invaluable source of practical information....
  15. President Garfield's Hornpipe - Writing a variation to the melody

Hello there!

I've been having a blast for the last 5 weeks taking online classes from Mr. Dominick Leslie. He's not only a great player, but also a very good teacher!

I wanted to share this...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: "Accapella App" type video software?

Hey Tim,

I use VSDC, a completely free video software with a tone of youtube video tutorials. It's great. Here's the link where you can download it: http://www.videosoftdev.com/

Hope this works...
  17. Re: A Mandolin & Octave Mandolin duet: Big Hands

Thank you so much, guys! Realy appreciate your comments!

Barry Canada: About my setup, which is a pretty simple one, I used a Rhode NT1000 -the only mic that I have and use for everything- plus...
  18. A Mandolin & Octave Mandolin duet: Big Hands

Hi all!

Here's a song that I wrote about two years ago and used to perform with my now deceased band. I recorded it as a duet with my octave Weber Bitterroot and my Prucha F5.

Hope you enjoy...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Givson (yes, Givson) mandolin

Thanks everyone for your input! I have to say I can't stop laughing at the "Only a Givson is good enough"!
  20. Replies
    Views

Givson (yes, Givson) mandolin

Hey there,

Someone in my area is selling this. Never seen one of these before, but I looked it up and apparently those are (were) made in India. Looks like a toy. Does anyone know if it's at least...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Like they don't know me

Hey DougC,

Thank you so much for your extremely kind words. You just made my day! And yes, things are better. I'm glad to have used that "emotional pool" to make music from it, though.

Best,
  22. Amanda Jewell pdf transcription from Skaggs - Campbell

Hello there!

I've been wanting to transcribe mandolin solos for a while as a way of improving my bluegrass vocabulary and, finally, I've been able to make myself start.

I didn't even had to...
  23. Re: A tune I wrote for octave mandolin - Something Squirrelly

Very cool, man!
  24. Replies
    Views

Like they don't know me

Hi everyone,

I'm sharing a little musical catharsis with you all. I recently went through one of these moments when you feel like you're not in sync with your loved ones. Like they didn't know me...
  25. Replies
    Views

An instrumental tune for octave mandolin

Hi folks!

Here's a little composition for octave mandolin that I just recorded with my Weber Bitterroot F4.

Hope you like it!

Isaac
Page 1 of 2 1 2