Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Hello, I just bought a mandolin...

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new acquisition. Lots of good people and good info here.
  2. Thread: eBay hacked

by joemcg
    Replies
    Views

eBay hacked

I know this isn't a "General Mandolin Discussions" item, but it's important:
    http://www.cnet.com/news/ebay-hacked-requests-all-users-change-passwords/
  3. Replies
    Views

Just bought a KM-150 again!

When I started on the mandolin a few years ago a Kentucky KM-150 was my second purchase. Of course, like many I was infected with MAS and quickly went through numerous other instruments before...
  4. Replies
    Views

Huck Finn is alive and well!

Good news for us in So Cal, the Huck Finn Jubilee has bee resurrected. It will take place as always on Fathers Day weekend at the same location as last year.

Not much on the website yet, but the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar and Mandolin Duos

Grateful Dawg. Garcia and Grisman. My favorite album is their Shady Grove. Skaggs and Rice are a close second.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: My Blue A-5 mandolin- Done!

Very nice and the new owner won't have to worry about ID'ing it if its stolen!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: BG Festival Jam Etiquete

CeeCee you need to check out Sid Lewis' Jamming 101 site, and if you're real lucky attend a festival where he is offering sessions. He makes it clear that you don't need to even play a lick to join a...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar LM 700 vs Eastman 815

Yup I have one along with two Eastmans. It is a bit more "old style" with non-radiused fretboard and rather small frets. It does have a great tone.

Also, couple of months ago I was searching for...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: What the heck is "woody sound?"

Flatulant? I don't need no steenking mandolin for that! Ask my wife.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Am I Too Old To Start Playing An Instrument Now?

Let's see I started really playing the mandolin when I was 69. I had played some accordion 50+ years ago. I dont expect Ricky Skaggs to show up on my doorstep anytime in the near future to invite me...
  11. Re: What forum for getting help in setting the price of a mando?

I can relate CeeCee. I recently became entranced by the mandolin. Although I've owned one for a while I jut became serious about learning it in January. As a male that led to a case of MAS (I...
  12. Replies
    Views

A Brace of Eastmans

Over the past few days I have been fortunate enough to acquire two new (at least to me) Eastman mandolins. The first is the "F." It is an early model 615 that has been modified. It has a shortened...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky vs. Indiana, A vs. F style

As long as sound holes are the same and the mando is of the same quality (I.e. Kentucky km900 "A" & km1000 "F") the sound and playability will be similar. There will probably be more difference...
  14. Replies
    Views

Grateful Dawg movie

IMHO this is a gotta see - http://www.crackle.com/c/grateful-dawg/grateful-dawg/2449072

Gerry Garcia and David Grisman.