Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

I've had a similar experience in multiple niche genres that I make music in, and was more than a little blown away by some of the subtle things it. Also had that "I need to steal/learn from this"...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuner Pedal vs. Headstock Tuner

I have only one pedal tuner (actually just part of a multi-effects pedal) but I never use it. I have a Korg (Hammerhead, not Pitch Black) and a few other tuners, which I also never use. I do use...
  3. Re: I know this is a subjective question but rank your top player

In order of how much time I've probably spent listening to them:

Jeff Austin
    Chris Thile
    David Grisman
    Phoffman (Greensky)
    Drew Emmitt (Leftover Salmon)
    John Skehan (Railroad Earth)
    Jarrod...
  4. Re: What are the chances that a moderately-priced mandolin sounds

There have been a hundred threads on here where someone with (very) limited mandolin exposure declares a cheap mandolin to be "at least as good as a Gibson" or something of that ilk. There haven't...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb Pedals?

I use a Electro Harmonix Holy Grail max set low on the hall type. It gives me just a bit of 'depth' or 'wetness'.

This set up is used in a Praise band with electric guitars, bass, drums, keys, etc.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb Pedals?

I love that pedal!

Oops, meant to hit reply to Ale, thanks for the kind words as well!
  7. Thread: Studying Sam Bush

by KEB
    Replies
    Views

Re: Studying Sam Bush

Jake Howard had some videos up on his Patreon with Bush rhythm stuff transcribed and worked up. It was really good material. I think many of these videos (most? all?) are available on his youtube,...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Studying Sam Bush

Homespun Tapes has 8 Sam Bush courses. Well 2 or 3 are Sam’s interviews with Bill Monroe on Bill’s playing. But there are 4 or 5 on Sam’s playing.

https://www.homespun.com/shop Filter on...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Edwina Issues

I agree with jefflester, I think there is some basic setup issues to address, like speaker positioning, use of wedge monitors, …
    I can’t tell from your description if you know what you are doing...
  10. Replies
    Views

Really confused how you could have feedback problems for a gig like this with no monitors and outside, even with a wall behind you. Where were the main PA speakers relative to the mics? Photos of the...
  11. Replies
    Views

I use the Myrtle and have two matched Edwina’s as “wings” lower to better catch the mandolin, guitar, banjo, and dobro. The problem you may be experiencing is that when 2 condenser mics are too...
  12. Thread: Edwina Issues

by jd.panko
    Replies
    Views

Message the folks at ETL. They are really helpful and should be able to sort you out.
  13. Replies
    Views

New Album/Single by Sarah Jarosz

Looks like a new sound for SJ. But she still has that Fletcher Brock OM out front!

https://youtu.be/w8SuGm1aD-A?si=FGWL3IeE0BZh448g

To be fair, she did warn us - at the mid-point of her pro...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: So much for brand names

:popcorn:
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Creating a Band LLC? (NMC)

This is classically one of those area of the law that seems simple up front, but there are a ton of pitfalls for the unwary that can have drastic effects on you and your finances down the line. An...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Creating a Band LLC? (NMC)

Setting up an LLC and running all band finances through that is good to do. Talk to an accountant or enrolled agent to learn how it works. It’s well worth his one-time fee for the understanding...
  17. Re: HELP! I'm Running Sound For the (sort've) First Time

Have a look at section 5:3 in the manual & try to get a feel for the automatic feedback suppression functions & also the 'ringing out' of your system when you first set up on site.

in terms of EQ...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Okay, I honestly need to know...

If grousing about Site Policies and the merits of protecting Artist royalties and livelihood are a huge preoccupation for you, perhaps there are other places on the Internet that can provide for your...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: 3-Part Chris Thile Master Class online

Thile made me my first Negroni. I have to say, watching him wield that ice pick made me a little nervous!

It was a good drink. And not my last. :-)
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: 3-Part Chris Thile Master Class online

Well, Alex, the thing that stuck out in my mind was that you have to start with glass-size ice cubes that you make with filtered water in a muffin pan or something similar in the freezer. Or a banana...
  21. Re: If money was no object, and perfect bluegrass tone was only g

Since I hear a difference between Bill Monroe, Alan Bibey, Mike Compton, Dave McLaughlin, Ronnie McCoury, Pee Wee Lambert, Adam Steffey, Jesse Brock, Sierra Hull, Nathan Livers and every other great...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Is playing TABS detrimental to really learning?

and imagine what he might have created if he did learn to read music...like a Jimi symphony perhaps?
  23. Re: Please help me choose a beginner instrument

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I am grateful for your thoughts on the matter. An Eastman 305 (used) is on its way to me. I am a happy camper.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: K&K pick up and Baggs Venue DI Help

+1 I also use the K&K with a RedEye and love it. I also sold my Baggs.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: A vs F style

:popcorn:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4