Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Picks....a different angle.

I like the Wegan 1.4 a lot but oftentimes will use the old "heavy" guitar pick (1.0) turned on its side. In spite of what some say here occasionally, heavier isn't always 'better" for everyone.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Waverly Tuners?

yes
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Allesi tuners

I vote for Waverly. Performance of the Schaller Grand tunes was a huge disappointment on my mandolin, with problems of binding and of loose tuning buttons. Never seen an Allesi tuner but if you want...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola lovers

Mandola has become my favorite instrument. I play guitar, mandolin, and mandola. Since I mostly play solo, I actually end up playing the mandola more than the mandolin. To me its the perfect range...
  5. Replies
    Views

live from here- telluride

I know many of you saw and heard this show, and it was posted earlier, but wow, if any missed it, go to livefromhere. org and check out the videos or the whole audio stream. Musician birthdays always...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Show your wear...

Dem,

Is that your new, old Stiver? If so I guess that wear is inherited from another's playing habits? Sometimes its nice to embrace the evidence of that which has come before.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble vs Apitius- anyone played both?

Pictures as requested.

8. Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble vs Apitius- anyone played both?

Ok, I have an update for this thread. It turns out I am now possession of one of each. Isn't MAS a funny thing? Both are red spruce and sugar maple; as one might expect their personalities are quite...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: what are the regular folks playing.

I was thinking of starting another parallel thread,

" What are the egregious folks playing?"

But since this thread has branched out quite a bit, I think it will be ok here. This is the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: putting videos on your post

Me too. I don't know if its because of the browser I'm using, but about 1/2 the time I can't see the video, but I can always tell one is there by the huge blank space in the post. Now I at least...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola to Mandolin Tuning?

This whole thing seems silly to me. Mandola tuning is awesomeness, and you probably already have a mandolin, which is a better suited size for the sparkle of the higher pitch.
  12. Thread: Case Perfume

by Upis Land
    Replies
    Views

Re: Case Perfume

+1 its the case. Often they put a perfume in the hide glue to hide the hide glue smell, and if the case gets overheated it can get out of hand. I have a cedar creek case for my mandola in such a...
  13. Thread: When to buy?

by Upis Land
    Replies
    Views

Re: When to buy?

Yesterday, for the first mandolin. Then mas will take care of the rest.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble A-Style 2003 (#31)

Keyton, if you hang out around here for long you might find yourself picking that Kimble up and playing it again and deciding to keep it.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Wow! Could it be another NC?

If they just slowed it down to the speed of a smile......
  16. Re: Got MAS? - Stay Away From The Classifieds; It's Rockin Right

Seems they priced this one for a fast sale: (2009 Kimble F at Music Emporium) Web site shows it on hold already.
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/110651#110651
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Pickguard or no pickgaurd?

If that's how you feel then leaving it on will likely make your mandolin look better over time.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Pickguard or no pickgaurd?

My most recent mandolin came with a nice ebony abbreviated finger rest, but I took it off. Just couldn't get used to it, yeah it got in the way. I also kind of prefer the look without one.

Couple...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Prairie Home Companion officially dead?

One way to satisfy a rumor would be to go to the source, in this case a clip the the Feb 18, 2017 show- for those out there who missed it.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-mF_W21mz0
  20. Replies
    Views

Music Emporium videos

No I don't have MAS not at all, but I will be in the Boston area in about a month and hope to check some of these out. Hey, it might not be Nashville, but I think they've got some selection going on...
  21. Thread: What if?

by Upis Land
    Replies
    Views

Re: What if?

My opinion?.... who has time to scrounge through the landfill fodder of flea markets. If you really buy into that type of lottery mentality, then you can just waste your money on lottery tickets....
  22. Replies
    Views

"I call it country music" - Emmylou Harris

..and the Naish Ramblers, Live at the Ryman was one of my favorite CD's years before I ever touched a mandolin or heard of Sam Bush or any of the other "famous" mandolin players.

I also never...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: To Do or Not To Do, that is the question

Chris Thile on the subject in his own words. I wonder if he's speaking from experience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeiUj1Ieq-8
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Steaming Question

I'm not a builder but am fascinated by the process. At any rate I ran across this blog; at least one experienced builder seems to like steaming his maple.
  25. Replies
    Views

10 Commandments

Today I surfed into an Emmylou binge which finally landed here. Perfect for a rainy Sunday afternoon. Song tempos I can actually noodle to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk762q5p_x4
Page 1 of 2 1 2