Search:

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Tone Maturation - Hamlett Two-Point

Hi Everyone,

I recorded a somewhat hastily composed tune yesterday that I think highlights the maturation of my Hamlett two-point quite well. My fingers are a little rusty as I’ve been working a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Yellowstone Experts

Nice one! That era of Webers are - in my opinion - the best of the best of what they built

There’s a formula to the labels. I just can’t quite remember what it is! I do know it includes the day,...
  3. Replies
    Views

Andy Statman and the Eddys

Hi Everyone,

Had the pleasure of attending an Andy Statman, Jake Eddy, and Carter Eddy concert last Sunday evening, as well as attending a 90-minute workshop with them earlier in the day. It was...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Hamlett Two-Point Review

https://www.facebook.com/susan.desantis.7/videos/775557623467022/?d=nThanks so much!

Here’s a 4th of July video showcasing just how far the tone has evolved at the one year point. Granted, I’m...
  5. Whiskey Before Breakfast at Black Moshannon

The Hamlett sure is ringin' true out in Black Moshannon State Park in central Pennsylvania. Good times!

https://youtu.be/FwDnvLF-vXU
  6. Replies
    Views

Dixie Hoedown on a Mountain

The Hamlett sure held up well on top of Tussey Mountain in central Pennsylvania’s Rothrock State Forest! Dixie Hoedown seemed like the right tune. Got a big bite on my foot towards the end….
  7. Replies
    Views

D'Addario Shout Out

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick shout out to D'Addario. It seems like a big company and I tend to overlook it for that reason, but it has recently shown me great customer service.

In my string...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Steve Earle Interview

Here it is, folks!

https://fb.watch/dJUNDDVfeu/
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Steve Earle Interview

Man... divorce. It can be such a tough process.

I'm waiting to hear if Steve's management is okay with me posting a clip here. In the meantime, here's a transcription of the segment during which...
  10. Replies
    Views

Steve Earle Interview

Hey Everyone…

I got to interview Steve Earle today as part of a promo for a show he is playing Sunday at The State Theatre in State College, PA. What a fun fellow and super interviewee!

The pic...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson and Hamlett Harmony!

Thanks Everyone!

John sent the two-point with J74s on it if I’m not mistaken. I’ve played J75s over the years so was going for that feel and started using them. I then experimented with monels...
  12. Replies
    Views

Gibson and Hamlett Harmony!

Heyyyyy…

What a day! Check out this Gibson F5 custom from The Mandolin Store and Hamlett two-point fiesta!

https://youtu.be/AkVkYIhfW4c

Big shout out to Aly and Matt Maris. Aly is rockin’...
  13. Replies
    Views

Hey Everyone....

Although I am planning on making a short video featuring the Hamlett and my friend Ali's very nice Gibson tomorrow, here's a quickie involving two week old D'Addario Nickel Bronze...
  14. Re: Seller’s Remorse - 2008 custom Weber Fern

Updates for ya'....

I am in direct contact the buyer who, despite having what sounds like a few life-ridden years (join the club), is in good spirits and health. This is an amazing development...
  15. Replies
    Views

Hey man!

Thanks so much for asking. I’ve actually been meaning to post an update as there’s lots to tell. Above all else, I can say emphatically that the Hamlett Two-Point continues to delight.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Nickel Bronze Bonanza

Hey there...

Thanks so much for looping back. Since my original post I've tried the NBs, went back to phosphor bronze, and am now back to NBs again. The NBs are by far the best match for my...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Blues Mandolin - One Way Out

I like to use the whole chord more often than not. And that form especially. The I and V on the bottom strings, and the III and the ♭VII on the top strings - they're almost like two instruments at...
  18. Replies
    Views

Blues Mandolin - One Way Out

Hi Everyone,

Hope you’re all great. :-)

Here’s an Elmore James song transposed to the mandolin. It was tricky finding a way to establish a rhythm luck for it, but the saxophone part actually...
  19. Re: bluegrass listening to understand and learn the mandolin

Hey there!

Great thread. Here’s a playlist I put together for a friend who was interested in learning some classic bluegrass. It’s not comprehensive, but is a good start:
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Upgrade to Northfield?

Yeah, odds are there will be a notable difference.

I currently have a very good sounding Eastman 805. I like it a lot. But, it simply didn’t have the depth of the Northfield I owned. In fairness,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Originals

Hi Everyone!

Hope you’re having a great weekend. :-)

I just uploaded a bunch of original music to a YouTube playlist called “Space to Choose.” I’m not going for monetization or fame and...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Nickel Bronze Bonanza

Hi Amanda,

I also love monels. For me, they last four times as long as J75s. On my mandolin, they sound punchier than J75s without the shrill of the phosphor bronze. There is more bottom end and...
  23. Re: Flatiron Appreciation Thread / 1994 Flatiron A5 Artist Pics

Appreciate this thread.

I’m from Lancaster, Pennsylvania and there are a handful of players down there who play and love their early-mid 90s Flatiron F Artists.

The two that come to mind are...
  24. Replies
    Views

Nickel Bronze Bonanza

Hi Everyone,

Well, I had Mangan monels on for a little over three weeks and, while they still had some life in them, I swapped them out for D’Addario Nickel Bronze. Both sets are the 11.5-41...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: The Glory of Mangan Monels

Thank so much for the steady discussion everyone. I'm enjoying reading what you have to say about Mangan Monels and strings in general.

It's been a little over three weeks since I've had the...
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4