Search:

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Could I leave mando in car in winter while skiing?

I was always told not to leave in instrument in a car in conditions that you wouldn't leave a dog or baby.
  2. Replies
    Views

The Dewey Murphy Loar Mandolin Project

This mandolin was featured in the "Sometimes a case tells a story" article recently.

hSCJPC5LrYo
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Good picks for beginner

send my your address in a PM or put it here in the thread and i'll send you a couple of white and black round mando Wegens in different thickness, ProPlec 1.5, golden gate, and a few more. i was just...
  4. Thread: Glen Duncan

by Astocek
    Replies
    Views

Glen Duncan

I've been thinking about Glen Duncan since hearing about his accident. The Mandolin Store raffle is a great way to support him.

Here's a cool video of Chris Henry interviewing Glen. I am sure...
  5. Re: Ordered a Northfield F5S, Received a Big Mon Wide Nut by Mist

Hi guys,

I’m keeping it. I’m working it out with the vendor and it will end up being a pretty sweet deal.

Just so you know, after they contacted me earlier in the week, they said that their...
  6. 'Fast Car' Grammy Guitar - connection to Michael Heiden

If you were watching the Grammys this year, maybe you were as taken as I was by the duet between Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs. There's a good quality clip here:

7. Re: Ordered a Northfield F5S, Received a Big Mon Wide Nut by Mist

This is the cutting edge of sales these days. When someone orders something you send them the more expensive item “by mistake”.
  8. Replies
    Views

DataNick on Bluegrasstoday

I just wanted to give a shout out for DataNick who has this on Bluegrasstoday:

https://bluegrasstoday.com/california-report-san-diego-mandolinist-b-k-nick-nicholson/

I miss his quality posts...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Two Stellar Northfields At Dusty Strings

Maybe it’s time to lay off going into every thread that contains the word Northfield and questioning or pointing out where they are made and what tier they are in as you seem ignorant on the issue....
  10. Browns Ferry Blues-posted today, loaded with living icons

goodness, everybody on this are top shelf. Sam Bush playing mandolin and bass, quick glimpse of him holding a blonde mando(does he have a new axe?), Bela, Tony T, Michael on fiddle and as always is a...
  11. New Year's resolution: talk less, practice more

We know what we need to do: metronome, study, exercise, learn, write, improvise, play.

To work!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Etiquette for buying a mandolin on-line

I may be different, but I don’t think it’s the seller’s job to provide a mandolin I’ll love. It’s his or her job to provide a mandolin that arrives safely as described. At that point, I think it’s on...
  13. Thread: Michael Heiden

by tbaum
    Replies
    Views

Michael Heiden

After floundering around for a few years, I dipped into savings and bought a custom mandolin from Michael Heiden in 2017. Other specialty builders had wait times of at least a year, and he told me...
  14. The Bothy Band to play Celtic Connections!!!!!

https://www.celticconnections.com/event/1/the-bothy-band

I can hardly believe I'm writing this, but the Bothy Band are to appear at Celtic Connections on 22nd January in Glasgow, Scotland.

Matt...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: New Gibson models...

I picked up one of the new 2023 F5G models recently, and i own a 2022 older version F5G.

I've had a couple Dave Harvey Gibsons pass thru my hands (via personal ownership and normal playwear...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard Griffith Tribute A5

17. Replies
    Views

Re: Zeta Acoustic Electic Mandolin

ZETA's A/E mando's have 'active' electronics . . . meaning they have a preamp and battery. A floor DI can be used for additional power (volume) boost along with tonal adjustments, tuner, etc . . ....
  18. Re: Flatiron F Festival - information on this particular model

Nope, they buy from whomever they choose to buy from and the name Epiphone doesn't add any cache to the Flatiron label. But, as Steinberger is a Gibson brand I totally understand the concept. They...
  19. Re: Ye Vagabonds, Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh. Great video

This is beautiful too, freshly released ...

https://youtu.be/-qOkqiHjMGo
  20. Re: you sell a banjo and have some spare $ so.......

thanks old friend-i still miss "our" Pava. i would like to find that one and just hang out with it a few minutes to see what i feel about it these days-sometimes our thoughts blind reality. its kinda...
  21. Replies
    Views

Northfield NF2S Sound

A little while ago I was fortunate to happen upon a Northfield F2. I'm very glad I did. The sound and smoothness of playing is fantastic. One of the best mandolins I've encountered.
  22. Re: Are Those Old, Pre-Gibson Flatiron Mandos Really Good?

Flatirons can be a bit confusing. You have several eras. The Carlson signed Flatirons are the most sought after. This is before Gibson purchased, as you so. I believe that is 87 and before. Their...
  23. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

We just posted a video where I played the 1923 Master Model Reissue prototype with David Harvey playing the Gibson Vault July 9th 1923 Loar. While we have different playing styles, I think you can...
  24. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

Regarding these Loar F5 tributes...

Brief history
    The "Gibson" most of us know and love was the original Parsons Street factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Orville Gibson was a lone builder, with an...
  25. Replies
    Views

Compton playing my Heiden A5

They had a mando tasting at Monroe Camp. Here's Compton playing my Heiden A5. Why doesn't it sound like this when I play it? :)

https://youtu.be/B-aQoOSy2VM

B-aQoOSy2VM
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4