Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Spinal Tap - Stonehenge

Hi, Everyone. It sounds like most of you haven't heard, but they're doing a Spinal Tap sequel, to be released on the 40th anniversary of the original movie. This is not a prank; it's the real thing....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Who is Behind "The Loar" Company?

Charles, hi. Thanks so much for your response. I'm glad to know about Econo Silver Angel. I guess I gave everyone the impression I was in the market for a new mando. I was mainly just curious about...
  3. Re: Matt Miller Picks - New to the Pick Market - Great pick/price

The pictures are a little hard to see, but I believe it's a material called Torlon, a high-performance plastic that's similar to Vespel and is used in aerospace and such. Haven't played one, but...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Who has thin bluechips?

I've never played them, but I believe there's a company out there called Charmed Life that uses the same or similar material that BC uses and I think they might go a little thinner. Again, never...
  5. Re: If you lost your BlueChip pick at the Denver festival this we

How awfully kind and classy of you, Bill. You will be rewarded. Not in this life, but someday. (JK)

Interestingly, I just came from Costco, and upon leaving the check stand realized that they...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin neck repair: the final solution?

Have been following this thread with avid interest, since I will be attempting something similar in January.

Thanks So Much!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin neck repair: the final solution?

Nice work, Bernie. Lookin' good.

MM
  8. Re: Any cheap or easy way to remove guitar pickguard "tanline"?

Just wanted to thank everyone who posted in response. You told me what I already knew, but just wanted to see if there was something I wasn't thinking of.

Ivan: You beat me to the photo; sorry,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: OK, let's talk about glues . . .

Hi, folks. I assume some of you (or most of you) know that JB Weld now makes a glue they claim is wood-specific, called WoodWeld. I wonder if it's the same stuff, but just colored tan to match wood....
  10. Re: Best USED Mando under $500 with Radius Fretboard: Your Picks!

Yes, thinking either Eastman or Kentucky. I will probably end up keeping this one as a better backup than what I currently have. Do ALL Eastman mandos come with radius fretboards? Sorry for my...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Tips on Fixing This Broken Headstock?

Folks, I was able to crop the photos, to get a closer look.