Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

New Mandolindo by KR Strings

I finally received my Mandolindo that I’d ordered from Kilin last month. FedEx actually delivered it on schedule with no damage….other than to the pickguard. More on that in a bit.

Spruce top,...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Octolindo on the way!

GChris,

I too would want the pick guard due to my free floating and ham fisted attack of the strings but I would only want the ebony tailpiece if I was hung up on aesthetics. I would lean on...
  3. Re: Gibson Master Model vs Custom Master Model - advice please

It seems to me you do want to buy the mandolin and you’re looking for justification to take a chance on it. If it’s a really good price, you could always play it (carefully) for some time and, if it...
  4. Replies
    Views

I exchanged emails with Clark regarding the used OM he was selling for a client. Unfortunately (for me), the owner wanted almost as much for his as a new one from Clark, so I passed.

As for the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Vintage Mandolin Orchestra Pic

OU Mandolin Club, circa 1900.

In the early 1970’s, I discovered this pic on the walls of the OU student union. Decades later, I had a chance to purchase a print which now hangs on the walls of my...
  6. Replies
    Views

All I had to go on was what I could find online as none are available anywhere near where I live. Based on YouTube clips, I REALLY wanted a Clark cutaway but $6800 is getting up there in price for...
  7. Replies
    Views

Octolindo on the way!

I just bought an Octolindo Deluxe from Kilin at KR Strings. I had a nice conversation with Kilin. He’s a really nice guy who’s passionate about his craft. It should be here next week. Looking forward...
  8. Replies
    Views

New Eastman Gig Bag

Well, after spending hours of research on the internet and contacting several stores, the only gig bag that I absolutely knew could handle my F with strap and Tone Guard was the Eastman…for $22.

I...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuner Recommendations

I have the new Peterson HDC tuner. I don’t know if this is answers your question, but I get a different number when I play the low string and it’s octave counterpart on my 12-string Taylor guitar....
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: New NMD - Collings

Thanks! Back and sides are satin nitro. Thinking about using Virtuoso to add a bit of gloss.

Here’s the back.

https://i.postimg.cc/yYvz4kdy/DBD59-ACC-CD09-410-F-BE0-B-A17-FE1-E33129.jpg
  11. Replies
    Views

New NMD - Collings

Since my last first mandolin didn’t work out and was returned, I’m counting this one as my first mandolin.

2014 Collings MF Deluxe with engraved James tailpiece. 7 years old and not a mark on it....
  12. Thread: Nmd

by GChris
    Replies
    Views

Nmd

Actually, got it last week it, but I waited for the stand before taking any pics. I’ve wanted a mandolin for the past 40 years. Finally got one, an MT2 w/ torrefied top.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Tell me it gets easier.

———————

It’s a new Collings MT2 (torrefied) mandolin. Any problems with my progressing are all on me.