Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Thao Nguyen

by Caleb
    Replies
    Views

Re: Thao Nguyen

Something I try to think of when I see an artist here I don't particularly care for (which happens a lot because I don't care for bluegrass) is how would that person feel if he/she stopped by and saw...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: First adventure in building: mandola

Very attractive. Would love to hear it.

Steve
  3. Replies
    Views

The Reading of "The Festivus Miracle"

I appear at least once a year from the gray mists of Lurkdom to offer this
    homage to Festivus, which we celebrate on December 23rd.

THE FESTIVUS MIRACLE
    By Jim Gallaher
    (with apologies to...
  4. Re: Is there such a thing as a traveller mandolin?

Here is a picture of one of Doug Unger's pocket mandos. I use a very solid PVC fishing rod case to carry the instrument. It plays (and looks) great. Commuted on Southwest Airlines three...
  5. Re: Anyone who doesn't believe that instruments open up from play

One hundred and forty posts based on "I think my mandolin sounded a lot better after some other guy played it for a while."

Seldom has such a slender framework supported such a massive...
  6. Re: Anyone who doesn't believe that instruments open up from play

I have noticed that my mandolins sound better the more I practice.
  7. Re: Anyone who doesn't believe that instruments open up from play

Huh?:disbelief:
  8. Re: Anyone who doesn't believe that instruments open up from play

To my ear, my mandolin sounds different every time I play it. The temperature is warmer, the temperature is colder, the barometric pressure is greater or less, the strings are new, the strings are...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: new mando from mandoshop

The word "censored" is out of place here. That would be if the government forced Scott to remove someone's post. Scott choosing to do so is nothing more than a business decision -- one made to...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: New Punch Brothers album streams online

What music we listen to for entertainment need not have anything to do with what music we play.

Yea we need to do a good deal of listening to the kind of music we want to play, but that is...
  11. Replies
    Views

je suis Charlie

Just this. Thank you for french people.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Who's The Oldest?

Well I'm just now opening up.

Vintage, but in good condition: Naturally distressed. That is, usual light play ware in the finish on the top, and some mild buckle rash. Plays straight with only...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Double scroll mando

This will drive Teak crazy.
  14. Re: Marissa Carroll: Technique, technique, technique.

As far as I am aware Marissa has always played an oval hole mandolin. When I met her she was playing one of Scot Wise's oval hole mandolins and she played that for many years until she got the Lyon...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: A bold ToneRite claim

Balderdash, flummery, and poppycock.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New Punch Brothers Album

For the most part, this whole thread sounds like geezers really in a regular rut. "GRRR". LOL.;)

Clearly, it's not aimed at traditionalists, I'd bet.
    And its played by professionals that would...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: "womanlins"

Well, according to some drunken sailors away at sea for too long ... :whistling:

The English language has been personhandled for so long, at times it seems it's been persongled beyond recognition....
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: In Praise of Michael Heiden

In my best Kevin Spacey voice, "spectacular."
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Dealing With Spouse

Perhaps misogynist is a little strong but at least it got people thinking about the subject. Let's nor scare of the many mandolin loving women out there.
    There you go, I'm politer than you. ;)
  20. Replies
    Views

Yes, that is what I was getting at. The question has never been 'is this a serious question or a joke.' The problem that I believe Peter Jenner was pointing to is that 'the wife' is, as you say,...
  21. Replies
    Views

While the OP doesn't specify the gender, many of the replies do. I'm seeing what Peter is seeing. Remember, while it may not be evident, we do have a sizable number of female members who lurk, and...
  22. Thread: It's Alive

by OldSausage
    Replies
    Views

Re: It's Alive

How about, I dunno, use science?
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: I still don`t believe it...

As a player of the mandolin since I was a teenager, growing up in a Sicilian-American family, and as a non-Bluegrass player, I must admit I'm surprised that to so many people

mandolin = F hole...
  24. Replies
    Views

Why don't you favor us with your insights into today's truly authentic performers of Bach? Those of us who love Bach but have been bamboozled by Thile's circus-trick recordings would be grateful to...
  25. Replies
    Views

The new Asian fusion restaurant does not undermine the sanctity of Myrtle's home-style cooking down the street. Gay marriage does not undermine the sanctity of Billy Bob's fourth heterosexual...
Page 1 of 2 1 2