Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Advice request

greetings all! this may or may not be the place for this, but here goes. once upon a time there was a Walmart mandolin discussion ...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: To Gibson or not?

Mandolad, sorry, I’ve been out of pocket. Yes, there is awesome sustain on the lower notes, which I LOVE. I play for and by myself, without thought of satisfying anyone but me. I mostly play fiddle...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: To Gibson or not?

I just purchased a 1920 Gibson A from the cafe ads (as in, arrived just last Saturday). Cosmetically, looks a lot like the one you're looking at. However, seller had refretted (big frets) and...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Silverangel Econo A #446

I got one of the Econo As he was working on this summer (so excited) but when it arrived I was not as blown away as I thought I would be. I played it for a week before I contacted him. He happened...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Music Streaming service question...

I use pandora (the free version) and its as easy as picking a genre or favorite artist. Also use amazon music unlimited (monthly subscription), so lots of stuff you can put in your library for free...
  6. The Bluegrass Situation, Billy Strings and Don Julin

found this on facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plb9xy4HQR0#action=share

awesome
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: BIG MUDDY question

Just came in this afternoon. I let it rest a couple hours then tuned her up. Love !!!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: BIG MUDDY question

And my choice: Morris flattop #407

9. Re: Does anyone get depressed or even semi-suicidal when they hea

I have an opinion on singing/playing for yourself and family/friends these days. Not just relating to the OP, but for folks in general. When I was growing up, playing/singing together was normal, no...